Chapter Fifty-One

"A hotel, that's exaggerated," Frida commented as she hugged her husband tighter. They both lay naked under the soft sheets of the bed in the hotel room. After Benny revealed the gift, they both went to eat at a luxurious local restaurant where they had an incredible time, but now in the intimacy that those four walls offered them, they gave themselves in body and soul once again.

Benny giggled and squeezed her thin hand affectionately. "Honey, it's not like that. It's just a hotel."

"Ha! You said the same thing when you gave me the car."

"Remember?"

"Of course." Her memory treasured every detail of him, but not only materially speaking.

"I hope you like it. I will show you all the plans once we get home, you choose the decoration. It's all yours after all."

"You're the hype," she rolled her eyes in amusement. "Thank you, my love."

"I'm the one who has to thank you. You make me immensely happy."

"We're on the same line, then," she added and lifted her face slightly so that she could look into his eyes. "You, Benny," placed a hand on his right cheek. "You are what I love most. You are the best thing that ever happened to me."

Benny smiled, hearing those words warmed his soul. "'I am so honored to know that. I am so lucky to be your husband. I love seeing you wake up next to me every morning, it is the best feeling; to know that you are mine, that you have chosen me."

"Oh, did I?" she asked shyly.

"Of course. I was yours from the first moment, and you..." the air caught in his lungs, he couldn't even say it out loud, he couldn't even think about it. There were bitter things in their history and best left where they belonged, in the past. Frida understood this and hastened to interfere.

"I am where I always should have been," she brought their forehead together. "I couldn't conceive of a different life. I love this, I love life with you, I love you." She murmured close to his lips.

"Stay forever," he asked, he didn't know why, he just wanted to hear her say it.

She threaded her fingers through his hair and spoke from the bottom of her heart. "Forever." Their lips met in a kiss that tasted like home. Frida straddled him still kissing him, Benny placed his hands on her hips as she began to move sensually. Things heated up again and suddenly Benny let out a moan but not of pleasure but of pain. Frida stopped and got off him totally scared. "What is it? What's wrong?"

Benny covered his face with a hand as the pain in his back increased. His hip also hurt a bit. He had been ignoring the discomfort but apparently the over-activity had worn him out and hurt his body. "I'm sorry," he said, breathing heavily.

"Did I hurt you? It's your back, isn't it?" She knew it. Sometimes he was in pain and the doctor said that to some extent it was normal, but Benny always tried to be strong and didn't complain, he even took pain pills from time to time.

"I'm afraid so. It's horrible," he confessed, his face red with exertion. He tried to sit up but had a hard time.

"Do not get up. I'll get your pills." Frida got up, put on her robe and looked for the pills in Benny's suitcase. So far they hadn't been necessary, or so she thought because the package was half full. "You've been feeling bad, haven't you?" She went back to bed with the pills and a glass of plain water.

As best he could, Benny sat up against the headboard of the bed. "Let's say yes, a little."

"Why I did not know?"

"I did not want you to worry." He took a double dose.

"Why more?" Frida asked when she realized the dose. "Should we go to the hospital?"