Chapter Thirty-Nine

Frida's heart was pounding inside her chest, everything seemed so unreal. She couldn't believe what was happening, they were supposed to be at the hotel grand opening and now she was about to get married. How did she get there? Sygni entered the small room leaving Frida alone in the hall. A soft melody filled the room, Frida looked at Benny and he nodded, it was the moment, she had to walk to get to him and the makeshift altar.

Frida took the bouquet with force, suddenly the nerves began to invade her, but she didn't allow it to take hold of her, she took a deep breath and took a step, then another. She walked slowly down the hall, she felt everyone's eyes on her, but she didn't care. Right now her eyes and all her attention were on the man she loved and was about to become her husband. A smile formed on her face, she wanted to pinch herself and make sure she wasn't dreaming. Finally she reached the small altar, Benny held out his hand and she took it, perching next to him.

"How..." Frida began.

"Could we talk about it later, honey? Right now I just want to marry you," Benny said with a big smile.

Frida blushed and just nodded. They both turned to the priest —who was only wearing a black tuxedo and cassock, without any clothing ostentatious— and Benny let go of Frida's hand.

"Welcome young lady," said the priest with a wink, he knew it had all been a surprise.

Frida laughed softly, "Thank you,"

"Tonight We are gathered here to celebrate this beautiful sacrament that will unite Benny Andersson and Anni-Frid Lyngstad in marriage. With family and friends as witnesses of this union, we will start the ceremony," the priest began.

Frida was too excited, and with each word of the priest she was more touched. On more than one occasion she had dreamed of her wedding day, she had even made plans, what was happening now was not at all close to the original idea, but she had to admit that she loved it, it was much better than she had ever imagined, perfect indeed. Of all the surprises she could have received in her life that was the best of all, she would make up for Benny for that, he had done an excellent job.

For his part, Benny was filled with emotion, he couldn't help but turn to see his fiancée from time to time and smile, that woman had stolen his breath from the first moment their eyes met and now she'd become his wife. He would always thank his sister for giving him the magnificent idea of marrying Frida that night, the truth is that they had already talked about it but they never decided on a date, so he decided it was the perfect moment, the surprise factor was everything.

The ceremony was turning out to be very emotional and full of magic, finally one of the most awaited moments for all arrived; the vows. The priest first gave the floor to Benny, who sighed and turned to Frida to take her hands before speaking:

"Frida, my love, my life. Tonight is one of the most important nights of my life because you are here in front of me about to become my wife. Today I give you my heart completely, from today I am all yours, I don't want to belong to another place that is not by your side. You came into my life to give me the light I needed so much, the day before you came I was lost, and then you helped me find my way, a way that I want to walk along with you. You are everything I need, you have made me grow, you make me want to be better, you make me happy." Benny had to pause because he felt a lump forming in his throat and tears threatened to flow. "Having said this, I promise to make you happy, love and respect you every day of my life, I promise to give you all the love you deserve, I promise not to give you reasons to get away from me and if you ever consider it then I promise to give you reasons to stay. My priority will always be you and make you feel loved, I will protect you and support you in difficult times, as well as celebrate your triumphs. Today begins another stage in our lives and I feel truly honored that you have chosen me to continue on this way, I am yours, and I will love you forever."