Chapter 5: Atlantis

I flew past the frozen tundra, expecting a snow-covered area, but was disappointed to see it wasn't. I landed near the shore and looked out toward the ocean. I pulled out the map, and as I looked at it, the ground began to shake. I looked out toward the horizon, seeing something pop out.

"Connor."

I put the map away and quickly flew toward Atlantis, unaware Kio and the others were closely approaching my location. Yuki was the first to notice Atlantis near the horizon, telling Kio to pick up the pace.

I landed on the ground of Atlantis and looked around as I reverted to my base form. I quickly looked toward my left, catching a knife thrown by Ren. I looked at Ren, seeing Torin next to her. Torin greeted me, but I just walked away.

"C'mon, Alex, don't you want a fight?"

I stopped walking, glancing back at Torin.

"I don't want to fight you two. Just stay out of my way."

Torin looked at Ren and shrugged.

"Well, if you put it that way...guess we'll just have to force you!"

Torin lunged toward me and swung his hammer, but I blocked the attack with my hand, the impact sending a shockwave around us. Ren appeared behind and tried to stab me with her karambit weapon, but I jumped into the air, making her stab Torin instead. I landed behind Torin and kicked him away, pulling out my sword as he and Ren landed on the ground.

"Guess I should have an appetizer before the main course!"

I rushed toward Torin and swung my sword, clashing it against his hammer.

"Now we're talking! Bring it, Alex!"

I pushed Torin back as Ren ran toward me from the left and tried to slash me, but I blocked it with my shield. Torin struck my head with his hammer, allowing Ren to stab me with her karambit. She continued to slash me with her karambit, but I created a burst of aura that knocked her back.

Torin charged at me again, but I dodged his attacks and landed a gut punch before sending him into the air with an energy blast. I jumped toward Torin and knocked him toward the ground with an energy-laced punch. I landed on top of Torin and pummeled him with energy-laced punches, but he grabbed my hand and swung his hammer, knocking me away as he got up and smiled.

"This fight is getting me excited!"

Torin rushed toward me with Ren by his side, and the two of them began to overpower me with their attacks. I jumped back, but Ren caught me off guard with her speed and landed a punch to my face. As I continued fighting Ren and Torin, I sensed Kio and the other's energy which caused me to lower my guard, allowing Torin to hit me. I grabbed Torin and threw him into Ren, watching them fall to the floor, and as they started to get up, I transformed into my pseudo-dragon form.

"I'm ending this now!"

I lunged toward Ren and landed a punch to her stomach that knocked her out as Torin watched her fall onto the floor. He swung his hammer multiple times, trying to hit me, but I kept dodging his attacks and blocked one of his swings with my hand. I punched Torin in the face, watching him slide across the ground. Kio landed on the ground and reverted to her base form as everyone jumped off her back. Yuki looked at Ren and Torin, then at me.

"Are they... you know?"

"No, they're not dead. Just unconscious."

I started to walk away, but Leo called out my name, forcing me to stop.

"I won't hesitate to kill you if you try to stop me."

I looked back at Leo, giving him an intense glare.