Chapter 17: Spirit Tortoise

General Isokama placed a map in front of us, pointing to a mountain range in the Vrenate Kingdom.

"The Spirit Tortoise was spotted in this general area in the Vrenate Kingdom. There's a canyon nearby, so we could lure it in and strike. All we need someone to be the bait for the best."

I stood up, saying I'll be the one to draw the monster's attention.

"Once I draw it in, I'll give you the single to fire, and we hit with everything we've got. Understood?"

We left the tent once the plan was fully set and agreed upon, gathering the soldiers as we made our way to the canyon. I looked to my left and saw the spirit tortoise as we made our way to the canyon where the Vrenate army was waiting.

"There it is!"

I transformed into my Pseudo-Dragon Form and broke off from the group, flying toward the beast, ready to draw it in.

I approached the beast and forgot how enormous the spirit tortoise was as it reached 11,500 feet tall, the height of Mount Saskatchewan in Yukon, and resembled an adult male Aldabra giant tortoise. I fired a barrage of energy blasts toward the beast's eye, gaining its attention as it roared.

"Follow me, you slowpoke!"

The spirit tortoise followed me, trying to grasp me with its beak, but I evaded its bites. Despite its size, the spirit tortoise was fast, moving 100 kilometers in under a minute. I arrived at the canyon, checking to see if everyone was ready.

"Once it shows itself, everyone attacks."

The spirit tortoise eventually showed itself, and we fired the spears and cannons toward its body, dealing damage as it screamed in pain. I flew into the air and toward the spirit tortoise, punching it square in the head.

The spirit tortoise stood up and bit a part of the canyon, knocking down a few cannons. We continued the onslaught of attacks, dealing considerable damage to the beast. The spirit tortoise let out a roar, surrounding its body in a shield as it turned around, preparing to run away from the fight as monsters spawned around us.

I landed next to Yuki, who was killing one of the monsters. I reverted to my base form, killing a monster in the process.

"Yuki, we need to break the shield and take out one of the legs. Once that's done, we'll focus our attacks on the body to draw out the snake."

Yuki nodded her head, and we went in for the attack. Yuki and I surrounded our swords in energy and jumped into the air, slashing the barrier with all our might.

Aiko held up her staff, using a magic spell to increase our strength, allowing Yuki and I to break through the shield. I landed on the ground and looked toward the knight yelling at them to fire at the left leg.

"You heard him, men! Fire at the left leg!"

The army fired the cannon and spear toward the left leg, making the spirit tortoise roar in pain. I raised my sword, surrounding it with energy.

"Spirit Excalibur!"

I swung my sword, cutting off the spirit tortoise's left foot, making it fall to the floor as it roared in pain. The spirit tortoise unleashed an energy beam from its mouth, hitting the nearby cannons.

"Everyone, aim for the rocks on its shell! We need to draw out the snake!"

Soldiers fired the cannons into the mountain, blowing rocks away, blowing off chunks of rock. The army continued to fire, and when a snake emerged from the mountainside, it bit one of the cannons. I looked toward Yuki and Matt.