Chapter 11: Envy and Greed

Connor drifted through space where Sirius A once was, his mind wandering through memories of him being called weak. Connor moved his hand and turned it into a fist.

"I'm strong. I'll show you all!"

As Connor drifted through space, his anger slowly turned into envy. He remembered the times I had beaten him, and eventually, his eyes opened.

"Alex... Alex. Alex! I'll show how weak you really are and prove I am superior once and for all!"

Connor transformed into his Pseudo-Phoenix Form, but the flames changed into a Bahia color. Connor looked around and smiled once he sensed my energy.

"There you are!"

Connor flew from Sirius A back to Earth in 50 seconds, catching everyone by surprise. Leo stepped back, shocked.

"Connor?! You're still alive! I thought Alex killed you?!"

I looked at Connor angrily and clenched my fist, transforming into my Pseudo-Dragon Form.

"You're still alive!? This time I'll make sure to kill you for good!"

Kio noticed the right half of my body started to appear like that of a dragon and quickly pointed it out toward the others.

"Alex's pseudo-dragon form. He's getting close to the dragon's power, completely taking him over."

Yuki looked toward Kio.

"What can we do?"

"We'll have to wait and let Alex and Connor fight. Once the battle is over, we'll jump in and calm Alex down before it takes hold of him."

I watched everyone back away and then looked back at Connor, entering a combative stance as Connor did the same.

"This time, Alex, I'll be victorious!"

I charged at Connor and threw a punch, slashing him across the face. I tried to land a kick, but Connor grabbed my leg and tossed me into the air, quickly following in pursuit. I recovered and looked toward Connor, firing an energy beam toward him. Connor ignored my attack and flew straight through it, landing a heavy punch to my face that knocked me back.

I rubbed my nose and looked at the blood and back toward Connor. I flew toward him angrily and tried to slash him with dragon claws made from energy, but Connor kept dodging my attacks. Connor grabbed my arm and smiled, dragging me toward the ground before throwing me. I got out of the crater created by me hitting the ground and flew back toward Connor, pissed with the power he now has.

"What the hell is this power, Connor?! I've never seen or felt anything like it?"

Connor smiled and flew toward me.

"As if I know, but it looks like It's giving me an upper hand at beating you, so I gladly welcome it!"

Astral scanned Connor to understand his newfound power as the two of us continued fighting. Once Astral finished, she turned to Ruby.

"Ruby, what is the name of the person surrounded by the flames?"

Ruby looked at Astral.

"You mean Connor? What about him?"

Astral continued to look at Connor and then back at Ruby.

"I sense Envy and Greed meeting from the flames surrounding his body."

Everyone looked at Astral, confused by what she said, and Leo asked her to explain.

"I scanned his memories from here. I hypothesize that while he was drifting in space, the memories of Connor being called weak and pathetic took hold of him, especially when being called that by Alex, who Connor saw as superior to him. The envy Connor felt toward Alex took hold and was combined with greed to prove his superiority."