Chapter 15: Loki

I landed inside a deep forest, exhausted from flying.

I saw a river with clean water and ran toward it, splashing my face with it and taking a drink. I tried to rub the blood off of my glove with the water.

"I didn't kill Selena. It's all a bad dream. Yeah, just a bad dream."

I repeated this multiple times, trying to convince myself that it wasn't real and that I didn't kill the woman I loved. But no matter how much I tried convincing myself, the images of her bloodied body kept flashing inside my mind.

I splashed more water on my face, looked at my reflection, and jumped back when I saw it smile.

"You're a killer, Alex. A cold-blooded killer."

"No! I'm not!"

"Face it. It's who you are. You're no hero, just a monster who wants to be set free. You want to ravage the world, kill those who get in your way."

I clenched my fist and slammed the water, dispersing the image. I fell to the ground, sobbing.

"I'm a hero. I'm a hero. I'm no killer and no monster."

I heard a twig snap and quickly stood up.

"Who's there?"

A figure wearing a green cloak walked out of the show, and I immediately knew who it was.

"Loki."

"Hello, Alex."

"What do you want? Have you come here to die?"

Loki chuckled and snapped his fingers, causing a sharp pain in my head. I clutched my hand, gritting my teeth as I fell to the floor.

"What are you doing?"

"Showing you the truth of this power and how it can set balance to the world."

I opened my eyes, seeing myself fighting Connor.

"What is this?"

"Visions of what would have happened if you didn't have this power."

I saw Connor defeat me and fly into the sky, scorching the earth with his flame, killing everyone on the planet.

"What is this? Why are you showing me this?"

Loki walked toward me and placed his hand on my shoulder.

"I'm showing you that without this power you have, there would be chaos."

Loki showed me a vision of Leo destroying the Aramore Kingdom, killing everyone in his sight, and a vision of Matt destroying the Castal Kingdom.

"See, without you, your friends would set waste to the land. They're the monsters, not you."

Loki showed me a version of myself stopping Leo and Matt, killing them effortlessly.

"With this power, no one will be able to stand in your way."

"With this power, I'll be the ultimate hero?"

Loki smiled and nodded his head.

"Under my guidance, that is. I can show you how to control it."

I went to shake his hand when something kicked Loki, sending him away. I woke up and realized I was still in the forest.

"What happened?"

I looked up and saw Torin's hand reaching toward me.

"You good, Alex?