CHAPTER 13

"What does it mean to be a familiar," 

Saiguu choked on her drink. "Excuse me, what?"

Miko told Saiguu all that had happened with Raiden conversation the day before. Saiguu was... speechless.

"Don't simply.... decide you're going to be Ei's familiar," Saiguu sighed. "It's a little more complicated than you think," she continued.

"Complicated?"

"You see, as a familiar, you must carry out your master's requests, demands, and even desires," Saiguu said.

"Desires?"

"You see, we kitsunes have something called a heat cycle, right?"

"Yes, my Lady,"

"And what do we do when we're on a heat cycle?" 

Miko said, "You give me... medicines for it."

"But we still struggle from the heat cycle, right?" asked Saiguu

"Yes, my Lady,"

"And that is why the kitsune's number one priority is to find someone who will make them a familiar," said Saiguu.

"We can't satisfy ourselves, and the one who can satisfy ourselves is a certain someone on who you're devoted to,"

"Our master, is the one will satisfy us, and us, their familiar, will satisfy their desires in return,"

Miko's face flushed, embarrassed that she just known this now.

"But, it depends on our master if they have such desires, that will be hard for us," Saiguu chuckled.

"So... you and Her Excellency..."

"Yes, we already did it, in fact, a lot of times," Saiguu laughed.

"Yeah, no need to brag about it, my Lady," Miko scoffed.

"So, are you ready to be... Ei's familiar?" teased Saiguu. "I'm not even sure whether she has any experience," she laughed.

"S-stop it, I don't think she has those kinds of desires," Miko groaned. "I also have control over my heat cycle," she continued.

"Yeah yeah, every night when you have your heat, I always hear you whimper like a wild animal," mocked Saiguu.

"M-my lady! Don't say such vile things in the s-shrine!" Miko said, her face reddened.

"How amusing, a kitsune being embarrassed," Saiguu chuckled. "Well, in any case, it'll be your decision whether you want to be Ei's familiar; just keep in mind that if she doesn't have those kinds of desires, you'll suffer," she explained.

"I-I'll keep it in mind, thank you for your advice, my Lady, and I'll take my leave," Miko replied as she walked away.

*

"..."

"You do know having a kitsune as a familiar would come with some really troublesome obligations," Morax groaned.

"W-what troublesome obligations?" Ei asked.

Makoto snarled, "SEX, EI, SEX, A KITSUNE HAS A THING CALLED HEAT CYCLE."

Ei blushed hot, she hadn't thought... that.

"You always get in trouble, Ei; that's new of you," Barbatos chuckled. "Well, if you still want Miko to be your familiar, and you probably don't like her romantically," he said.  "Maybe make a contract between you two," he suggested.

"Hmm... not a bad idea coming from you," remarked Morax. "Excuse me? I always have excellent ideas!" laughed Barbatos.

"Wait, if Saiguu is your familiar, does that mean...?"