CHAPTER 27

Miko's POV:

It's been four days since I left Inazuma and sought refuge in Liyue. The situation in Liyue is not much worse than in Inazuma; in fact, it's nearly peaceful here with all the adepti and the geo archon himself protecting the nation.

Zhongli has already sent backup to Inazuma. It's been 2 days since Xiao, Kazuha, and Beidou were sent to Inazuma. The situation in Liyue Harbor is fairly excellent right now, despite the fact that there are unexpected attacks from the Abyss, but we all manage to beat them, which is quite exhausting.

"Lady Miko, rest up; I'll take care of the rest of the injured patients," my friend Ganyu said.

"I'm fine, Ganyu, I can still help," I said.

"Oh, don't be stubborn, Miko, look at you, you have bags under your eyes and you actually look dead right now!" Ganyu sneered. "Rest inside first, or else your god will kill me for not allowing you to rest," she chuckled.

"I guess I can take a few minutes off," I sighed. "Wake me up when there are more patients, okay?" I said as I entered my room.

I lay down on my bed, still...concerned about her. I... I don't even sense her presence in this world. Is it because she isn't here on Teyvat? Or... No, that is not going to happen.

*

Ei's POV:

I'm not sure how much time has passed. All I can feel is pain in my stomach, throbbing, and.... Something is happening on inside of me. When I was hit by the stone shard, all I felt was excruciating pain, and I could feel the catalyscm creeping to my flesh. I suppose it's within me now, and I can control it a bit.

I'm not sure how to get rid of it, and I'm not sure whether we can get rid of it at all. I also have no idea where I am. Since I defeated the herald, there have been a few hilichurls. But they're everywhere, looking for me. I hid myself on top of a large tree that I saw; it seemed like a nice place to hide, after all, the hilichurls are sort of stupid.

I'm still resting, trying to heal this wound; it's nearly closed, but I can still feel the pain and something creeping up to my skin.

I'm curious in what's going on in Inazuma. Are they okay now? Is my sister all right? Is... Miko all right? Ah Oh, I want to see her already, I want to hear her voice again, and I miss your smile. I miss your laugh, your giggles, your teasing, those bright eyes of yours, your... your touch.

Oh? Was that just a sound, or am I dreaming things?

Thud

Okay... I'm not dreaming things; that is a loud thud.

Thud

I slid down the tree, winced in pain. I completely forgot I had a wound. That is definitely someone opening the entrance in Enkanomiya.

I hurried there, holding my wound with my other hand; it hurt like hell as I ran into below the entrance to Enkanomiya, and I was right; the entrance is slowly opening, and I can hear some yelling.

It's my sister.

Of course, these idiot hilichurls will swarm to the loud noise, and I'm surrounded by them.

"God, give me a break will you," I groaned, drawing my polearm.. 

Five hilichurls on my left, two metachurls on my left, and one abyss mage in front and behind.

"I've been told that cryo mage are the most clever; can you talk, Mage?" I said.

"You are correct," the mage chuckled. Damn, it's voice is annoying as hell. "I didn't expect to see you here... that is still alive," it said.