CHAPTER 3

"Fuck!" Elizabeth swore as she sunk on the couch

"Soooo" her mum looked excited "how was your first day? Any new friends ?"

"More like enemies" she scoffed

"My god, Elizabeth, what type of negative energy are you carrying to make enemies on the first day?" her mum teased her

"I got it from dad" she laughed a little, her mum laughed too

"But baby, really how was it?"

"I mean, it's better than the rest" she sat up and faced her mum "i think the most popular girl hates me"

"On the first day? That has to be some type of record" her mum laughed "does she know who you are?"

"God, mum no, never. No one! Honestly mum no one can know who i am"

"Why?"

"Mum please"

"The admissions officer knows though" her mum said looking guilty

" Mr. Ramirez? God mum"

"I'm sorry baby, he was so excited he asked for an autograph but he won't tell anyone I'm sure of it"

"So that was why he was smiling" she laughed "but no one else can know for real"

"Roger" her mum handed her a cup of tea

" there was this girl"

"Oh a girl" her mum was so excited

"Not like that" she laughed "I think she hates me"

"Why ?". Elizabeth paused for a second before she spoke "maybe she thinks I'm trying to steal her boyfriend". Her mum burst out laughing and it almost put Elizabeth in shock

"you?" her mum kept laughing "steal a boyfriend? She shouldn't be ridiculous"

"Exactly, I don't know why she's with him, he has the IQ of a door knob, they don't look like they belong together"

"I see" her mum smiled

"What exactly do you see?"

"Oh nothing" her mum giggled

"For gods sake mum"

"Maybe you like her"

"On my first day, don't be ridiculous" she said this and blushed regardless "but I think, I'm not too sure, I might have a friend"

"Well well well" her mum scoffed "details please", Elizabeth adjusted as she spoke "his name is Alex, he's a bit odd but it seems like he has my best interests at heart or whatever, he's pretty cool.

She and her mum spoke for hours. She loved that it was just them now, after everything that happened her mum needed a break from the world, cameras, interviews, signing and most especially her dad. She loved seeing her mum smile, although the bruises were still there but they were faint, Elizabeth zoned out as her mum was talking and touched the scars on her face "I'm so sorry", her eyes filled up with tears as she held her mums face in her arm, "I'll kill him" Elizabeth looked so angry but the tears kept flowing. Her mum smiled and held her hand.

To Elizabeth her mum was the strongest person in the world, she didn't care who saved people from hunger or oppression she always saw her mum as stronger and better than anyone else, she hated the way her dad spoke to her mum.

Amanda was one of the biggest names in Hollywood, she started acting when she was 8 and started directing by the age of 21 and when she met Marcus, they were in love. He was nothing, until she permitted him to be something, she gave him a name and opportunities until he became big enough to turn his back on her and hurt her. Amanda didn't care about what he did to her as long as he never touched Elizabeth, but she couldn't take it anymore after his recent outburst at an event and pictures were taken, Amanda felt like she needed to protect Elizabeth from the world and take her far away, but luckily for Elizabeth her identity was always a secret.