CHAPTER 10

The ride to the party was the most uncomfortable ride Elizabeth had ever been in in her life, Jelena sat at the passenger seat next to Luca and she sat at the back seat next to Alex. They were all talking throughout the ride there, Elizabeth didn't have anything to say, all she could think about was her mum and how she was doing. Alex was going on about some show he saw on Netflix and apparently Luca and Jelena had seen it as well, Elizabeth didn't feel the need to pitch in anyway. There were times she would catch Jelena looking at her through the side mirror, but she always turned away. Jelena texted her a few times to talk, but she didn't reply to them either.

Elizabeth already had a plan, she would leave when everyone was drunk at the party, she didn't want to be around anyone but at the same time she didn't feel the need to open up because opening up about her situation means telling them who she is and she wasn't ready for it.

If she had her way, she would open up her car door and run away but she just sat there soaking in her misery.

The car pulled up to the front yard of Luca's house "i keep forgetting this is also Forty's house" Jelena sighed. People had already filled up the place and honestly Elizabeth wanted to do without the unnecessary burden of having to speak to anyone "can I wait in the car?" she asked

"No!" Alex snapped "you're coming down"

"On second thought, maybe I'll stay back for a bit" Jelena gave a fake smile

"I'm ready to enter" Elizabeth opened her car door and hopped down from the car. The last thing she wanted at that moment was to be alone with Jelena. Alex held her hand as they walked into the party, it wasn't nine pm but people had already started drinking, Elizabeth was sick to her stomach already.

Luca took Jelena's hand and led her into the party, Jelena passed Sloane and when she saw the look on her face she knew something was going to happen, she knew that look, that was when Sloane had thought of something evil and finally pieced it together.

"I can't stay here" Elizabeth had to shout because of how loud the music was

"We can go to my room" Luca yelled

They followed Luca upstairs, they had to push some drunk people on the stairs to pass. Elizabeth was happy to enter a room that didn't have music or people smoking in the corners, she just wanted peace and quiet.

"Jelena" Luca picked up his game pad "when did you show Elizabeth the room behind the bleachers" , Elizabeth and Jelena froze. Luca didn't shift his gaze from the screen, Alex looked a bit confused.

"When?" he dropped the pad and stared at Jelena

"What- what are-" Jelena was stammering "what are you talking about"

"Jelena I'm not stupid" Luca kept going "I haven't been able to put the pieces together but I know something is up"

"Luca I-" Elizabeth was trying to talk to him

"Trust me, whatever happened, Jelena most likely roped you inside" he cut her off

"What the hell are you talking about?" Jelena's heart was beating but she hid her expressions well

"When Elizabeth stared at that room back in the gym I knew something was wrong" he scoffed "the only way you can notice the door is if you've been in it before and there's no way Jodieee or Sloane or Forty or even fucking Ramsey would've shown her that room"

"We had our science project whatever in that -" Elizabeth was trying to explain but the music went off and she could hear her name. Everywhere was quiet but she could hear someone calling out her name or was it her surname