CHAPTER 8

"Where were you anyway" Alex put his fork in Elizabeth's pasta "you missed the whole thing"

"Lizzie hates parties" Luca played with his food

"Don't call me that" Elizabeth pushed Alex's cutlery away from her food

"It was epic" Alex pushed his fork back "at the end a Porsche picked her up, my sister is a badass"

"Thought you hated her" Elizabeth gave up and let him eat her food

"My god Elizabeth, read the room, we love her now" Alex looked happy, genuinely happy for the first time, which made Elizabeth smile

"Can we talk about something other than your sister" she sighed "we don't have anything else literally going for us, it's Jelena this or Jelena that"

"She's right" Luca looked up from his plate "that's all we talk about, always" he sighed

"Hey guys" Jelena smiled and sat next to Luca

"Speak of the devil" Alex laughed

"You were talking about me" she anxiously looked at Elizabeth

"No" Elizabeth stared at her plate, now that her and Alex were good she would be around them more often and the thought of that scared her "Alex was just saying-"

"That you are a badass" Alex cut her off "you should've seen her it was amazing"

"Alex please" Luca slammed his fork on the table, everyone was in shock "you weren't even there for gods sake" he stood up to leave "I'll catch you later Elizabeth". He left his friends and walked out of the cafeteria, honestly he was tired of everything that was going on, no one was seeing things from his point of view and he was over it. He hated that his relationship with Jelena was making him furious, she used to be the only thing that made him smile after Forty started drinking. Sloane, Marc and Forty walked past him in the hallway. She looked terrible, but he couldn't find the words to say anything to her so he just kept walking until he got to his locker.

"Hey" Jodieee startled him as he opened his locker

"Fuck jo" he laughed "you almost gave me a heart attack" she laughed with him

"I'm sorry" she smiled, "I've just been meaning to talk to you"

"Yeah about that" Luca rubbed his eyes "i am so sorry about the party, Jelena was just-"

"I get it" she cut him off. "It was a lot." Luca didn't notice earlier but Jodieee had cut her hair, she looked so different, even her clothes were different. Normally she wore heels and a short skirt with an even shorter top, she always had glitter on her eyes and had her hair fall across her shoulders but now she was wearing a pair of tracks with sneakers, she had a graphic tee on

"Your hair" he stared at her in astonishment

"Oh my god is it terrible? I look awful I just knew it" she was panicking

"No" he held her hand and smiled "you look amazing" she tried to control how hard she was blushing but she couldn't "I'm sorry if I scared you though, I'm just not used to seeing you like this"

"I know" she replied "but honestly this is me, Sloane kind of watered down everything i-" she paused for a second "I'm sorry I don't want to bore you"

"No, it's fine. I want to hear you talk" he shut his locker "courtyard?", she smiled and walked with him "I'm listening"

"She just controlled every single aspect of my life, it just stopped becoming mine, whenever I ate carbs she would scream"

"What's wrong with carbs?" he laughed "I fucking love carbs"