CHAPTER 7

Elizabeth thought of Jelena the ride home, she couldn't get her out of her head, she wanted to call her or text her but she decided not to because she didn't want Luca getting suspicious.

She got home and opened her door, her mum was sitting in the parlour staring at her. "Where have you been" Amanda looked concerned

"I could ask you the same thing" Elizabeth was in a good mood and she wasn't ready to go back and forth with her mother

"Did you take an Uber here?" Amanda asked "what happened to the driver taking you?" Elizabeth kept quiet and walked towards her room "Elizabeth!" her mum called her sternly

"What?"

"You do not "what" me, I am your mother"

"Oh" Elizabeth laughed and turned around "okay mother, where have you been?"

"I was working" Amanda got up "I don't understand where else will I be"

"Maybe here with me mum" Elizabeth walked toward here "no call, no text, nothing. You vanished and appeared here like a ghost"

"Elizabeth I-"

"You, nothing" Elizabeth walked away "and if you must know I stopped using the driver because I don't feel like going to school in a Rolls Royce" she slammed her room door. She wasn't in the mood to fight, for the first time in her life she had something to look forward to, she knew deep down she was selfish, she wasn't thinking of Alex or Luca, she was thinking of herself and she relished the moment.

She imagined all the things she would do with Jelena, all the places they would go and deep down she knew it was unreasonable but she wanted to keep feeling this way

***

"Hi"

"God no" Alex turned and walked away

"Just hear him out" Luca stopped him

"Who even let you in?" Alex asked and sat down, Ramsey sheepishly looked at Jelena "of course you opened the door for him" Jelena looked too tired to even care about whatever was happening.

"Alex I'm sorry"

"And I'm simply not interested" Alex smiled "so now that we're done can I leave" he looked at Luca

"Give him a chance" Luca held his shoulder "you won't forgive yourself if you don't", Alex knew Luca was right, he knew how he still felt about Ramsey after everything that happened but he just didn't know how to open up his heart to listen, all the insults he faced at his expense just kept replaying in his head, he wanted everyone to disappear. He felt worse because he knew how much he cared about Ramsey.

"Alex" Ramsey sat next to him "I'm so sorry, tell me what to do"

"You and my sister have succeeded in making my life miserable and-"

"It wasn't Jelena that even told me what to say" Ramsey paused for a second "it was Sloane" Ramsey looked so ashamed "she told me that if I said that, then no one would associate us with each other and I listened because I was so scared of how I felt people would see me, I didn't say it was her earlier because I just wanted the whole thing to end instead of going back and forth"

"I'll kill her" Jelena looked different, you could actually read the expression on her face and it was anger "I'll kill her". Alex just sat there silent, honestly he was tired, he wanted everyone to leave until he looked up at Jelena, he hated when she got like this which rarely ever happened.

"Jelena" he got up and hugged her "it's okay"

"It's not okay" she was still, she hadn't felt like this in a long time. She trained herself to know how to properly maintain and control all her emotions but now all she could see was red, she wanted to wring Sloane's neck with her bare hands "it's not okay" she couldn't find any other words but those ones