Part twenty-nine

Hey, okay, I am just warning you that this is a very very short chapter and THIS IS NOT THE LAST PART OF THE STORY. Apart from that, enjoy, comment, vote and fan! Thankyou!

~~~~

*Zayn’s POV*

The last 24 hours have been one of the worst times of my life. Sitting there, watching as the seconds ticked by, knowing that, as time went on, it got closer to the deadline that Rhiannon was given to awaken from her unconscious state. All I had done since yesterday morning was sit and hold her hand, whispering in her ear to wake up before it was too late. I hadn’t got up to shower, to eat or even to use the bathroom, afraid that if I did, I would waste the precious minutes that could be the only time that I got to spend with her before it was confirmed that she most definitely gone from the world.

 By 9.35am, I was convinced that she was gone; that there was no way that she would wake up in less than half an hour. By this stage, everyone who loved Rhiannon had arrived at the hospital, all sobbing and preparing for the worst. But, unlike everyone else, I just couldn’t. How are you supposed to prepare yourself for the death of the one person you love most in the world? I sighed, running a hand through my hair that I haven’t styled in over a week for the one hundredth time that hour, before jumping up, causing everyone else in the room to get a bit of a shock. I began pacing up and down the room, watching Rhiannon as I did, trying to think of a solution. Surely, there must be something I can do with all the money I have, but, I had already asked, and had been politely told that, if she was to awaken, it would be at her own accord.

I never once believed in the saying “money can’t buy you happiness” as, from my point of view, money could buy you anything that you dreamed of if you had enough of it. However, it was only now that I realised the depth of truth in that saying. Sure, money could buy you objects, things. And, those objects that you may purchase might mean a lot to you at the time, but ‘things’ are not what gives us true happiness. True happiness is earned by love, by true friends, by stopping someone’s pain. And, funnily enough, all of the stuff that will make our hearts content is the things that we can’t just go and buy from a shop. Because, when we die, nobody will remember how we had a huge house, or how we had a lot of money; no, but the things people will remember is how loved we were, how close they were to us and how much we mean to other people. In the end, none of the things will matter anymore, and the only things that will, is the stuff that money couldn’t buy. 

I was so lost in my thoughts, that I didn’t notice the time slowly passing by and soon enough a doctor was in the room to turn off her life support. “Can everyone leave please; one person is allowed to stay with her as we turn off the life support.” At that sentence, I chocked a bit, tears brimming in my eyes, threatening to fall at any minute. The boys patted me on the back, giving me sympathetic looks, as everyone said their goodbyes, before they went and stood outside. As soon as the door shut, the tears began to fall, almost naturally down my face as I rocked back and forth on the chair, already grieving. “Mr Malik, do you want to say your goodbyes?” The nurse that had been with us ever since the night of the accident asked, giving me a small smile. I wanted to say something, but I couldn’t choke out the words, so instead, I just nodded. I went up to her frail body, kneeling down beside her and looking at her closed eyes. I tucked a strand of her hair behind her ear, more tears rolling down my face, as I whispered into Rhiannon's ear. “We’ve had some of the most amazing time’s together baby. You have made my life complete; given me a reason and the strength to get up every morning. I don’t know what I am going to do without you.” I paused, swallowing the lump in my throat; I took a deep breath and carried on. “But I guess you’re needed up there darling, so spread your angel wings and fly. I love you, and will do, forever and always.”

 ~~~~

AUTHOR'S NOTES- 

THIS IS NOT THE LAST CHAPTER OF THE STORY; THERE IS MORE TO COME

THIS IS LIKE THE SHORTEST CHAPTER EVER DON'T HATE ME PLS

I WAS CRYING WHILST WRITING THIS IS THAT WEIRD BC I WAS H A H A H A 

I SAW ONE DIRECTIONS FIRST CONCERT OF THEIR TAKE ME HOME TOUR ON 23/02/2013 IT WAS THE BEST THING EVER MY LIFE IS COMPLETE OHMYGOD

I ALSO SAW LITTLE MIX ON THE 13/02/2013 IT WAS AMAZING THEY ARE SO PERFECT AND ARE 1000000X BETTER IN REAL LIFE I JUST

I AM STILL ILL SO SORRY FOR SUCH DELAYED UPDATES, LOL @ ME, THANKYOU FOR ALL YOUR SUPPORT IT MADE MY LIKE YEAR OMFG THANKS GUYS

WHY IS THIS ALL IN CAPITALS

ANYWAY THANKYOU FOR READING I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH I CAN'T EVEN KDCFJDEFKDFVOFKDV 

150 VOTES AND 100 COMMENTS FOR NEXT CHAPTER, DEDICATION TO COMMENTATOR 

-Charlotte