11

*Andy*

I sigh before knocking on the door, feeling Vanessa's arms around my neck as soon as the door opens. I grunt as she crashes her lips into mine as I enter the apartment. I push her off of me, "hold up. Calm down."

She grins, "sorry. I missed you."

I nodded, "it's only been a few days Vanessa."

She nodded, taking a few steps back, "you mean, baby girl..."

I sighed, "I think we should take a bit of a break. We've gone really hot, really fast and I need some space."

"Space?! What do you mean by space Andy?"

I groan as I hear her sob, plopping onto the couch. I sit on the coffee table across from her, "hey. It's okay. It isn't that big a deal. I didn't say I didn't want to see you  anymore. Just that I needed some space. I need to focus more on my family at the moment. I'm sorry."

She shook her head, looking up at me with tear and eyeliner stained cheeks, "am I not good enough? Did I do something wrong?"

"Fuck. No, of course not. You're amazing Vanessa. And maybe if we were closer in age maybe it would be fine. But we both knew this was a temporary arrangement from the beginning."

"No! I love you Andy!"

I leap to my feet as she tries to wrap her arms around me. "Let's not go crazy Vanessa. You don't even know me. We only have sex. That's all. You can't love me when you don't know me."

"But I do!"

I shake my head, making my way to the door.

"If you leave, I'll tell your wife you're sleeping with me!"

I hang my head down, resting against the door before turning back to her to see her arms crossed over her chest, "you can't do that. And I'll stop paying your rent and you can try to figure out how to pay for school and rent..."

"You can't do that!"

I laugh as I see her stomp her foot, "you're such a brat. Grow the fuck up. Maybe I'll come back to see you when you calm down..." With that I leave her apartment before she can respond.

💋💋💋

*Laurie*

I smile when I see Andy come into the house, removing his shoes and jacket, "hey! So I booked that cabin for your birthday. Just the two of us."

Andy smiled, wrapping his arms around my waist, surprising me as I felt him kissing my neck. "That's great. I'm looking forward to it Laurie."

"Me too." I hear him moan as he pushes me back against the counter as I laugh, "Andy..."

He pulled back a bit, "Jacob home yet?"

"No." I shake my head, wrapping my arms around his neck, "he's staying late for math club. Should be home in about an hour."

Andy grinned, "that's plenty of time then."

I giggle as he grabs my hand, dragging me up to the bedroom. When we finish, I lay on his chest, "I love you Andy."

"I love you too Laurie." He rolls to face me on the bed, "I'm sorry I've been distant. I haven't been very present."

I nod, "it isn't only your fault. I've been slipping too. I'm sorry too Andy."

He sighed, bringing his hand up to my hair, "we can start over? I'm looking forward to the cabin."

"Me too." I move closer to him, feeling him wrap both arms around me as I rest my head on his chest.

💋💋💋

*Andy*

"So you guys are leaving me alone for the whole weekend?"

I laughed at Jacob, "you're 16. We have to trust you at some point bud. You know the rules...."

Jacob sighed, "yes. No girls. No drinking. No parties. I got it dad."

I nod, squeezing his shoulder, "good man. And don't let anyone into the house you do not know."

"Yeah yeah. I know dad. Just go."

I laugh, looking at Laurie to see her laughing too. I watch her hug him, kissing him on the head.

"Behave yourself."

Jacob smiled, "yeah. You guys too."

I shake my head, "funny. See you on Sunday afternoon." I hug him before carrying our bag to the car, climbing into the front seat with Laurie.

"He'll be fine, right?"

I smile, squeezing her thigh, "of course he will love. He's a good kid."

"I know. Let's just try to forget everything but us for the rest of the weekend."

"I agree. Let's go." I see her rest her head back on the chair as I pull out of the driveway to the cabin.