𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐍𝐢𝐧𝐞

———✰———

———✰———

Nora
"No one came for us. Days here: 22. Days since the plane flew over: six. Days without food: two. No one's cried for a while. No one seems that afraid anymore. Apart from Carla, but I don't think that's for her. I think she's scared for the baby. I think she's the only one with the energy to be scared. The rest of us are too hungry to feel anything but hunger. Hunger is a force of nature, and it's taking out the best of us."

———✰———

"I let us eat all of the food. Such a fucking idiot." Dot grumbled to herself obviously feeling immense guilt that she suggested the free for all buffet.

"Hey. Don't talk about my friend like that, all right? You keep being nasty to her, and I'll have to take you." Shelby scolded the girl before taking out her teeth and teasing "Bar fight, 2015. You should've seen the other guy"

Shelby had pepped up since get hacked half her hair off no one was sure if it was the hunger crisis, her talk with Leah, actually cutting her hair off or her talk with Carla, maybe it was all four but something was making her get back to normal.

Leah, however, her mind was getting dark and she was spiralling with conspiracy theories running through her head. "Maybe he's in on it" Leah voices this certain theory.

"Who?" Shelby asked and Leah angrily spit out the answer.

"That fucking pilot. What kind of a person sees an island full of lost girls and doesn't send help?"

"Leah, what would he be in on?" Shelby questioned with both curiosity and fear of the answer but even Leah didn't know the answer to the question.

"I don't know"

"Take it easy alright? We're gonna be okay?" Shelby reassured as she came and sat next to Leah who was numbly staring. Leah also joined in to try and give Leah hope.

"There's no way that he didn't call it in. People love to help out you know? It's probably just taking a minute."

———✰———

Toni, Shelby and Martha all decided to try and fix the hunger problem the girls were currently having by forging in the jungle for anything edible. Before they walked off Carla called out.

"Toni! You love me don't you?" Toni smiled and bent down next to the sitting girl.

"What do you want?"