Capítulo Dos: El profecía y funeral

[Chapter Two: The Prophecy and Funeral]

Back at the kingdom of Teca a snake slithered up a part of the palace, as the Teca army where preparing for battle. Chanting.

"Teca! Teca! Protect Princess Maya! Teca! Destroy Divine Gate! Teca! Save kingdom of Teca!" The Army repeated, putting on face paint, sharpening their swords and shields. And saying farewell to their wives and children. Meanwhile at the palace Maya told the three brothers to be careful as they were stetting her down to eavesdrop on the King and Queen.

"Ay, gordo," The Queen sighed out to her husband," We need the other kingdoms. This could've been done with more diplomacy"

"Diplomacy?" The King questioned, "You want Lord Mictlan to sacrifice Maya?" Maya gasped at the news meanwhile the Jaguars were finding themselves. Maya shushed them as she wanted to continue eavesdropping on the King and Queen. "Should've told her the truth years ago."

His wife said looking down and crossing her arms. That's when 'Shield' let go of the rope questioning if he was shield or not, making his brothers laugh and let go of the rope. Dropping Maya then whipping her with the rope. "Ow. Aye!"

Her parents, well parent and the woman that raised her looked at the fallen girl, when Maya noticed she made a up a quick statement, " I don't think my are is healed yet. Thank you, helpful strangers."

"Any time sister " The Jaguars said. Maya nervously chuckled at the two adults. The Queen wondered why Maya would do such a foolish thing, Maya then said that she heard everything that the her and the King were discussing. It wasn't an easy thing to discuss epically to Maya, who father cheated on his wife and then out of nowhere Maya was born.

The queen said that she even stabbed her husband out of anger and the king even made a joke about it which wasn't helpful in the situation. Maya was just a baby when the forest sprits first brought her, and the necklace that Maya was wearing right then and their was the same necklace that her father noticed when she was a baby. Queen Teca may have not given birth to Maya but she still took the role as her mother.

Her father wanted to apologized but Maya walked away, to the Blue turquoise bird, that Shield gave her. "And my birth mother why did she abandon me? Why does she and my sister want to kill me now?

"Ay mija " Queen Teca sighed, "None of us can hope to comprehend the gods." Maya then turned around to face her father, " I hate her with all my heart. And you for lying to my mother". The Queen stop Maya from going any further with her claim, telling Maya that she is a part of her father and that she is a part of the woman that raised her. Maya embraced her mother before realizing.

" Wait. So, if I'm half god am I invincible?" She asked posing her mother then poked her elbow causing Maya to shift in pain holding her elbow, making her father chuckle. Maya jumped onto her bed, her mother and followed.

"I will make it up to you Maya" King Teca said putting his large hand on the bed. Maya scooted over to her mother so she didn't have to get near the man. "This I swear" Chiapa then roared out.

...

Just above the palace (Y/n) floated watching the warriors. "Teca! Teca! Teca!" the warrior chanted one some dancing to the chant as the drums boomed out loud, others still said their goodbyes to their wives and children, and others marched with there spears and shields. "Could I just go and see them destroy the Divine gate? Just to Watch please?" Maya asked giving puppy eyes.

"Not unless you wanted to get capture quickly, dear sister" (Y/n) said now sitting down on top of the palace.

"Mija, you're not a part of the prophecy"