Aiming for Your Heart (Oneshot)

Prompt: Atsushi meets someone at the shooting range who's supposed to be his enemy. Mark thinks otherwise.
Pairing (s): Cecelia x Akutugawa Gin (background ship)
Mark Twain x Nakajima Atsushi (here's a rare pair for y'all)

Atsushi headed into the shooting range, ready for some practice. Cecelia had pointed the place out to him and he took the chance to get more adapted with guns. Good to have a backup just in case.

He heard gunshots and gravitated towards the noise, finding Cecelia there with someone Atsushi didn't recognize. He noticed that they were both eying separate targets and realized that they were competing.

Afterwards, Cecelia grinned as she pulled her eye away from the gun. She turned towards the man and held her hand up. "Oi, nice work today."

The two high fived. The man suddenly caught on to Atsushi watching them and waved him over. Atsushi was embarrassed that he had been caught, but he headed over to where they were. Cecelia turned her head and then lit up. "Hey! Fancy seeing you here at the shooting range! Practicing?"

Atsushi nodded to her. The man looked between them. "You two know each other? Is he from the Agency?"

"Don't tell Sir Fitzgerald about this. Oh, I should introduce you two. Mark, this is Nakajima Atsushi. Atsushi, this is Mark Twain. Mark is from the Guild, you see. Oh, before you worry, he wouldn't dare do anything while I'm around."

Atsushi felt a bit nervous, seeing as the Guild was hunting him, but he decided it wouldn't hurt to try to be nice. Atsushi held out a hand. "Nice to meet you, Twain."

Mark grinned as he shook Atsushi's hand firmly. "Nice to meet you too, Nakajima. I must insist that you call me Mark."

"In that case, call me Atsushi."

Cecelia had informed him that the Guild was compromised of Americans, so they were more relaxed with calling people by their first names. Speaking of, Cecelia had left already. Atsushi felt awkward with a member of the Guild. "So... um... I'm just going to shoot some targets. Um... bye, I guess?"

Mark blinked at him before grinning. "Bye to you, Atsushi. (Heh, he's kinda cute.)"

"Um, what did you say?"

"Oh, nothing~."

Atsushi blinked before shrugging it off as something he did often.

Some Americans were downright odd.

...

Atsushi huffed as he missed his mark yet again. What was he doing wrong? He was sure he was doing it right. So, why was he missing the target?

"Shooting targets, Atsushi?"

Atsushi let out a high pitched scream before whirling and finding Mark right behind him. Atsushi blinked. "Were you staring at me?"

Mark smirked as he shrugged. "What can I say? You have a fine ass."

Atsushi immediately grew flustered at his enemy's lack of decorum. Mark suddenly laughed. "I'm joking! I'm joking! You're a tad bit too stiff to properly hit a target with that sort of gun."

Atsushi tilted his head. "Then, how do I hit the target?"

"First off, you need to relax. There's no way you're gonna hit anything with stiff shoulders like those."

Meanwhile, Cecelia had just brought her girlfriend, Gin, to the shooting range to give her some experience with a gun. When she peered over to where Atsushi was, Cecelia chuckled. "Well, I'll be damned."

Mark was there with him. It seemed that the older male was attempting to help Atsushi. Cecelia chuckled as she shook her head. "I never would have guessed."