Two Broken Souls (Oneshot)

Prompt: They say that you can feel the emotions of your soulmate through your soulmark. Both Dazai and Cecelia find themselves on the verge of letting all their sadness and frustration free.
AU: Soulmate
Pairing (s): Dazai Osamu x Cecelia (Me)
Higuchi Ichiyo x Lexi (My sister and background pair)

The two broken souls had met while Dazai was a 17 year old in the Port Mafia. Cecelia was unaffiliated, but her visits to the Port Mafia for check-ins were very often.

Cecelia and Dazai despised each other at first. It was just an absolute loathing.

The day they found out they were soulmates was a day for priceless expressions. Gin had even stood off to the side and recorded it with her big brother right beside her eying both his superior and Gin's mentor.

Afterwards, the two decided to give each other a fair chance. Cecelia was rather easy to convince while Dazai needed a little convincing from Odasaku. It was after the convincing that the two actually got along.

They both noticed how broken the other was and sought to help each other. They started by explaining their issues.

Cecelia told him about how she had almost starved to death because of people she considered her friends. How she found it hard to accept gifts because of that. How she barely trusted anyone and started to distance herself after that. How she and her sister ran away and came to Japan and how it affected her thinking.

Dazai was vague when telling her about the cruelty he suffered under Mori. The abuse, the mind games, the torture, etc. Although Dazai was vague about it, Cecelia was a smart woman and managed to put the pieces together. Dazai had to stop his soulmate from committing a reckless murder. Dazai didn't want to lose her after all.

Dazai learned English from Cecelia and the two became incredibly comfortable when chatting with each other. That was also why he made an escape to her place when he fled the mafia.

...

A series of rapid knocks caused Cecelia to groan as she pushed herself up. After checking the time and not bothering to put on a shirt, Cecelia trudged over to the door.

Cecelia opened the door with a sleepy glare on her face. "It is the middle of the night! Go back to your apartment and go to sleep, you- Osamu?"

Now that Cecelia was more awake and aware, she could practically feel the sadness and frustration streaming from her soulmark. Her eyes focused on Dazai's face and she was surprised to see both brown eyes staring right back at her. "Osamu? What is happening?"

Dazai eyed his soulmate as the words that would tear his soul left his lips. "Odasaku... is dead..."

Cecelia immediately understood and pulled him inside. She shut the door and pulled him towards her room. Dazai was in pain and just wanted the comfort of the only person who hadn't left him.

Once Dazai was tugged in her room, Cecelia gave him a hard look. "You're taking a shower tomorrow and you're moving your stuff here tomorrow as well. You smell like shit, Osamu."

Dazai only chuckled as Cecelia pulled him into bed. Once the two were cuddled up against each other, Dazai started to tighten his grip. "I don't want to lose you. I know you can handle yourself, but I don't want you to leave. Stay with me until it's the right time for us to go."

"I won't leave. I never want leave you, Osamu. I'll stay here with you for as long as possible."

The two spent the rest of the night together.

... AN: They will be speaking English in this, so it won't be in parentheses.

"Osamu, I swear to god, get away from the edge!"