Chapter 2

Kaiya left to go prepare the bath for me, leaving me to suffer in the bed. A bath honestly sounds amazing, but I really don't want her help. The problem is she's going to give it to me whether I like it or not. I'm helpless, stuck in this bed unable to move. It doesn't help I'm still tied down.

"Alright, the bath is drawn and hot. You ready Obi?" Kaiya says as she walks back in.

"Miss Kaiya, normally I would jump at the offer of you to strip me, but I'm not prepared for this." I say with a weak smile.

"Haha, very funny. I told you, it's just Kaiya. Come on Obi, I'm not going to peak at anything. I'm just helping you to the tub." She says as she unties my legs. She doesn't hesitate to lift me from the bed with a grunt. She half carries, half drags me to the bathroom where a steaming tub awaits.

"Kaiya, I can do this myself." I say, trying to push away.

"Yeah right. I'll let you take off your undergarments and tie the towel. Other than that, I'm helping you. You can't even stand on your own right now." She let's me hold onto the counter and turns away so I can prepare for my bath. It takes me a while, because she's right. I am weak right now.

"Okay, I'm ready." I say defeated.

She gingerly helps me into the tub and sets up a stool behind my head. "How's the water?" She asks, grabbing a cup.

"It's nice. I feel a little better already." I say. She then dumps a cup of water onto my head. "What the hell was that for?" I sputter.

She starts to massage something into my scalp. "How can I wash your hair if it isn't wet silly? You're covered in grime. This bath is long overdue." She takes her time washing my hair, making me close my eyes from the comfort. I don't think I've ever let my guard down like this before.

"You aren't going to kill me, right Kaiya?" I ask.

She chuckles. "If I was going to kill you, I wouldn't have saved your life now would I?" We stay silent for a while and she carefully rinses my head so the soap doesn't get in my eyes. "I know you don't trust easy. I could tell the moment I found you. I don't think you were conscious, but you kept telling me to leave you." She rubs something else into my hair.

"Did I?" I feel like I'm going to fall asleep.

"Yes. It's taken several days to get you to trust me enough to care for you."

I chuckle. "Not like you gave me much of a choice. You kidnapped me, remember?" I open my eyes to meet with hers. Her cheeks are a little red, and I'm not sure if it's from the steam or something else.

She smiles softly at me, which makes my own cheeks redden a little. She probably doesn't notice because it is warm in here. "That's true, I did kidnap you. That's because you obviously can't be trusted with your own well being." She rinses her hands in the bathwater, brushing my shoulders.

She moves her stool to the side of the tub and grabs some soap. "Wow, full service, huh? You would make a great housewife Kaiya." I say with a smirk.

She smirks back at me. "Oh I know, that would make you jealous though wouldn't it?" My smirk falls and my cheeks redden. No one ever jokes back with me like that. "Thank you for trusting me Obi. I'm glad I can help you." She gently washes my chest and around my stitches. I grab her hands and pull her close.

She yelps in surprise at my strength, despite being extremely sick. "I don't trust you. I simply need you, even if I don't want to use you. Even in this state, I could kill you if I wanted. Do you understand? I'm not some nice guy you can sway and take care of." I search for fear in her eyes, but am shocked to not find any.