Chapter 5

"Wait, you two slept together right after those men tried to assault her!?" Zen asks surprised.

I shake my head. "No, of course not. We started to kiss heavily, but it didn't go any farther than that." We've gone through two bottles on our own so far.

"Wow Obi, I thought this was going to be a sad story." Zen says with a slight slur.

"Well it doesn't get sad yet." I say, taking another drink. There is a knock on his door before it opens.

"Prince Zen, are you awake in here?" Mitsuhide asks.

"Yes, Obi and I are drinking. He's telling me a wonderful love story. Apparently it ends in tragedy." He says, almost spilling his drink.

"Really now?" Mitsuhide asks as he walks in the rest of the way. "Is it your love story Obi?"

"Indeed it is." I say before downing the rest of my drink.

Mitsuhide takes a seat. "Mind if I join in on listening?"

I shrug. "Well I'm probably only going to tell it once, so I guess. Have a drink Mitsuhide, you'll need it."

He pours himself a drink. "Alright, care to catch me up really quick?"

"Are you going to state your business first?" I ask him.

"Right." He clears his throat. "Shiriyuki wanted me to inform you that she would be going to sleep in the other quarters tonight. The baby is being restless and she didn't want to bother you with her constant fussing throughout the night."

Zen nods. "Well I'll have to go check on her if  sober enough to do so by the end of Obi's story." He says before taking another drink from his cup.

Mitsuhide speaks up. "Alright, I've stated my business. Will you catch me up now please? I've been dying to know what you hide behind that mask of yours.

I sigh. "I was really hurt, woman saved me and nursed me back to health, much to my displeasure. I stayed there to work off my debt, ended up really liking it and not wanting to leave. I saved her from being attacked, and after a heart to heart, we kissed." I summarize.

He blinks. "Wow okay, are we starting at the kiss?"

I shake my head. "We're starting a week after the kiss."

"WHAT!?" They both shout.

I chuckle at them. "Nothing was different. We went along with our normal routines, and nothing interesting happened until a week later."

"I feel like I'm being cheated. You better not leave out any details." Zen grumbles.

"Do you want the story or not?" I ask. They both stay quiet. "That's what I thought. So a week after the kiss..."