Chapter 7

"Another big night tonight." I comment while we chop up food for prep.

"Yep. It's crazy to me how many people want to hear me sing." Kaiya says with a smile.

"Well can you blame them? You sing better than any songbird." I reply, throwing the end of a carrot at her.

She giggles and throws a radish at me. "You're just saying that."

I throw another piece of carrot. "Yeah, I'm just saying that because it's true. Why else do I call you Songbird?"

She throws a radish harder. "I thought you called me songbird because that's what tomcats eat for breakfast."

I grin and chuck a carrot at her, making her squeal. "No, that's just showing you that I'm going to win our game."

She returns the favor, making me giggle myself. "Last I checked, I'm winning."

I throw a carrot to get her to put her hands up, then rush up and pick her up by her sides. She shrieks with laughter as I swirl her around the kitchen. "Last I checked I'm still going to win regardless!" I say with glee.

She looks down at me with the brightest smile. The sun rays coming through the window makes her glow. My heart skips a beat. She keeps giggling as I swing her around. "Obi put me down!" She laughs.

"What do you say?" I ask.

"Please?"

"Normally, yes. However, that's not what I want to hear and you know it." I smirk at her.

She winces. "Ow my ribs." She whines.

"Oh shit my bad." I say as I bring her back down, hands still on her sides.

She closes the distance, squishing her body against mine. She wraps her arms around my neck and leans in towards my lips. "Looks like there was more than one thing to say." She says in a hushed voice.

I pull her even closer into me. "If you keep that up, I'll never know the real thing." I say in a low tone.

"I'm counting on it." She purrs. "After all, I like it rough."

I grip her hips, making her let out a little noise. Oh God this is getting harder and harder. "Rough, huh? Lucky for you that's how I like it too."

She runs her finger across my lips. "How about you just give in so we can get this over with."

I let out a low chuckle that makes her shudder a little. "You first, Songbird. I gave you a taste of what we could be. It may have put you in the lead, but I know it's all you think about."

"Bold statement, Tomcat." She teases as she runs her hand slowly down the front of my chest.

"Our game sure has changed a lot." I comment, brushing some loose strands of hair out of her face.

"Mmm that it has." She coos. Her hand  slips under my shirt. "I think I like this game, don't you?" Her hand slowly climbs up my abdomen and to my chest. I have to fight to hold back a groan of approval. Her hand suddenly stops when she hits my new scar. She quickly pulls her hand back and pushes me away gently. "I'm sorry." She mutters. "Still much prep to do."

I stand there confused, watching her go back to chopping veggies. "Are you alright?" I ask her quietly.

"Yes, I'm just fine. Why do you ask?" She starts chopping faster.

"Kaiya I can feel the anxiety coming off you. Tell me what's wrong." I say, coming up behind her.

"It's nothing." She hurriedly breathes, chopping even faster.