5

You wake up by the quiet sounds of Namjoon getting ready for work since you've always been a light sleeper. He looks like a God, muscular, dapper and sophisticated... his smooth skin against the light of dawn while he slips on his white shirt is perfection... You're completely hipnotized by how masculine yet refined is the image of him buttoning up his sleeves, with his grayish hair effortlessly styled back and his plump lips just... existing. As soon as he notices your open eyes he flashes you his dimples with a sweet smile.
-Good morning gorgeous...
You smile faintly and sit up to gather yourself in silence.
-Are you always this cold to people who have seen you naked?- he jokes but the sad part is that he's absolutely right
-Yeah...- you reply honestly -...I've never been too good with intimacy.
He nods in understanding and grabs one of his hoodies from his closet for you...
-Here, it's chilly outside...- he presents you the garment for you to wear and you can't help but feel something warm in your chest. Does he actually care about you?
You put it on and as he promised, he drives you to your apartment and waits for you to change, even after you insist it's not necessary, since you can drive to work in your own car; but he does it regardless. On the way you grab a quick breakfast from a coffee shop and talk casually about work. He seems to want to get closer to you, touching your arm and his eyes won't tear away from you; but you're not used to any of that, so you shy away from responding too much.
-So what scumbag are you defending now?- you joke while walking back to the car next to him.
-I only defend misunderstood scumbags...
-Sure... and they just happen to be loaded all the time...
-Well, I'm not going to lie, I like quality things...- he responds with a provocative grin that does all kinds of damage to your insides, looking you up and down -...what about you? Which case are you working on?
-It's a private school teacher, suspiciously loaded too... Edward Norton...
He doesn't respond right away but his eyes flinch in this weird, slightly anxious approval gesture that seems somewhat uncharacteristic of him; but it's barely anything you think.
-Well, good luck...- he replies after a taking a sip of his coffee and getting back in the driver's seat. Did he know anything you didn't?
He doesn't talk as much for the rest of the drive but he drops you off as promised and you thank him for everything. Wondering if he'd like to repeat the evening another time or if it's a one time thing, you say goodbye and as soon as you get out to the parking lot, you notice Jungkook parking and getting out of his car, with an air of particularly distinctive petulance.
You walk up to him casually to say good morning and catch up on the case but he replies shortly, saying he doesn't know anything new.
-Can we talk before we get inside?- he asks.
-Talk? About what?- in all the years you've known him, you had never, ever heard those words from him. It takes you so much by surprise that you sense a noticeable amount of anxiety bubbling up you chest, and for the first time in ages, you feel nervous. Did he saw you get out of Namjoon's car? Was he actually jealous?
He walks away from the door of the prescint and into a corner on the side of the building away from view, so you follow him reluctantly.
-Why didn't you pick up last night?- he starts once you're face to face.
-I was busy... was it about work?
-You know it wasn't... Busy doing what? That guy that just dropped you off?- he inquires relentlessly.
-I don't think it's any of your business Jungkook...
-Tell me it's not Kim Namjoon...- now he seems to be getting upset.
You remain silent and confused. Why does he care? ...it's not like he doesn't fuck anyone he wants whenever he wants.
-Why do you care?- you reply getting closer to him, his rosy lips are so enticing... and his straight bangs parted in the middle conceal part of his doe eyes...
-I told you that if you ever needed some release to come to me...- his eyes are cold and filled with disappointment, but you couldn't understand why he was so upset.
-I don't remember signing any exclusivity contract together, you certainly don't abide by it...
-Can't you see he's just using you to get information about your cases?!- Now he raises his voice and you can notice some vascularity around his neck and forehead. You had no idea he cared so much. Either about you or your cases... you wondered which one was more important to him.
-He seemed to enjoy himself a lot last night, though...- you responded provocatively on impulse, almost gloating, but it's not like he didn't deserve it.
At the mention of those words, Jungkook appeared to be livid; resisting every urge to murder you right in the spot. His ears and cheeks reddened and you could almost hear the furious beating of his heart from where you were, starting to get scared after a few seconds.
-It was just a one night stand...- you add on, in an attempt to appease him.
-I hope you enjoyed yourself too, because you and I are done...
-What do you mean?- you respond immediately getting closer to even feel the warmth emanating out of his gorgeous skin.
-Just work from now on...- he turns around and leaves with heavy steps. It feels like a piece of you has been taken away, like he actually "broke up" with you but there's nothing you can do about it.
Why was he upset about you sleeping with someone else when he had been doing the same thing for ages? Who did he think he was?
Was he onto something about Namjoon?
And you, you didn't know it would sting so much to hear these words from him, but it does. Did you have developed some kind of attachment to Jungkook? And had he done the same? All you know is that all these feelings are nothing if not inconvenient and unwelcome. What a mess... It serves you right, for shitting where you eat.
You get inside the office unnerved and consciously trying to get a glimpse of Jungkook, but he's not there. You need to see him, and touch him, make sure he's not being serious; but as you sit at your desk and look through your documents, you realize that this is all a bad joke from your very neglected emotional side, which has decided to come out and play today. Who cares if he wants to stop sleeping with you? It's not like you love him... He's just a fuckboy who was trying to mark his territory. What matters most to you is your work. Solving cases, putting bad people behind bars, justice... Those are the things that are important to you... Maybe, just maybe you would miss being intimate with him... but that's only natural after so many years. Sure, you couldn't deny that his way of pleasing you was one of a kind to say the least, but not irreplaceable.
As you gather yourself and your feelings, a message about another homicide being assigned to you and your partner pops in your phone, followed by a text from Jungkook saying that he was already waiting in his car for the next assignment.