Be like a light bulb and brighten the f up

12:34 pm

"Honey, are you alright? You look like you're going through a quarter life crisis," asked Eskild as he put his soda can down on the table.

The table became a chorus of protests.

"Don't listen to him. You look like a normal teenager in high school," Sana rationalizes.

I hadn't really tried to look good today. I, deep in my soul, did not want to put effort into anything at the moment. I was drained. And honestly, even though a small part of me was ashamed, an even larger one could not give less of a fuck.

I usually put so much thought into my outfits, into my appearance. I liked fashion. I loved standing out. And yet... where had beauty ever taken me? All it did was get me in trouble. I just wanted to chill out for a day. It's not like I owed beauty to anyone. This is a school, after all; not a runway.

Of course, I still cared. It's not like I went to school in a ratty tourist shirt I had slept in. I just have a hood up my face. Truly, it's not even the clothes that are bad, as in any other situation they'd be really cute: it's my attitude.

I am totally aware of this and of the fact I don't have enough willpower to change it.

"Yeah, I mean, I guess that's just what happens when you hook up with William," Vilde explained, rather venomously.

"I didn't hook up with him," I snapped at her, regardless of how much I wanted to keep my cool.

Everyone looked at each other as Vilde and I stared at each other in a silent confrontation.

So many horrible things were running through my head about Vilde: she's so annoying so immature such a slut so stupid so naive so dumb so irritating so air headed so so so so so so.

God! This is my friend!

I took a deep breath. This is my friend, who I love and cherish. The girl who is very boy crazy and cares too much about everyone. I love her. She loves me. I slapped a guy for her. She would push a guy off a cliff for me. We were both hurt by the same guys. Sisters in the game of a player. Where was my understanding, my sympathy, my sisterhood?

"But, yeah, I guess this is what happens when you mess with a fuckboy," I exhaled.

I take out things from my locker, Iben waiting for me in silence. All she said was that she understood me. I mean, Chris and William are best friends for a reason, aren't they?

"Chris, go away," she hissed. My body tensed.

I close my locker to see Chris coming towards us with his hands up in surrender.