Birthday

After that incident, Jade was confused. She distant herself from everyone, which made everyone worried. The only reason why she was confused, was that she wanted to kiss Artemis at that time. But she didn't know if that's how she actually felt or was just caught up in the moment. It was really stressing her out and everyone started worrying over her. She even skipped her birthday day with her original friend group, but she was forced to do her birthday party.

{ Changing room }

Jade was in the changing room, everyone was outside waiting for her.

"Come on Jade we have to go now!" Melody said.
"I don't wanna go out. Can we just go home?" Jade asked.
"I want to as well but your parents will be pissed at me. I'm suppose to be bringing you in." Melody said.
"I rather eat shit then enter a party filled with people I hate." Jade said.
Melody went to the door. Artemis came in.

Artemis and Jade made eye contact

"Woah..." Artemis said in full shock.
"Wow." Jade said speechless.
"She looks beautiful, like a Princess." Artemis thought.
"She looks very handsome, like a Prince." Jade thought.
"I'll leave you to be." Melody said.
Melody rushed out of the room. Jade and Artemis were still in shock.
"You look beautiful." Artemis said with a warm smile.
"You look very handsome hehe." Jade said.
They both laughed.
"It's been a while since we saw each other." Artemis said.
"Yeah. I'm really sorry if I worried you." Jade said.
"No need to apologies. I feel bad for telling you how I felt. I didn't know you weren't ready." Artemis said.
"Can I be honest with you Artemis?" Jade asked.
Artemis looked at Jade with curiosity.
"The reason why I didn't wanna talk to you nor see you after the night in my room, was because I was questioning myself. That moment where we were just staring at each other, I wanted to kiss you. I felt like I should've kissed you right there. But I was confused. Was it because I was caught up in the moment and that's what people usually do? Or was it because I actually like you? I was questioning myself the whole week and was also thinking about what would happen if we did kiss? Would I start dating you? Would I break up with Mark and see what my parents think about dating a girl? I was just confused and scared...and alone." Jade said.
Artemis went up to Jade and held her hands.
"It's ok to feel like this. I was like this too when I started to figure out I like girls. I started off as bisexual, maybe you could do that too. You like both boys and girls, so you're still dating guys, but you also date girls." Artemis said.
"It's worth a shot. And besides, I have you to guide me." Jade said.
"Does this mean..." Artemis said.
"Yes Artemis, I like you...a lot. Way more than Mark." Jade said.
They both laughed. They then kissed for the first time. And Jade felt like this was meant to be. Artemis then backed away.
"I should tell Melody to come back now and bring you in." Artemis said.
"Nope. You're doing it now." Jade said.
Jade put her hand around Artemis' arm. They both smiled and walked to the entrance of the ballroom. The doors opened and the lights went straight to them. Melody and Jade's original group cheered for them, everyone else was shocked to see Jade was Artemis. They all expected Mark or Melody, but it was Artemis. Mark went up to the both of them.
"I thought Melody was gonna be the one bringing you?" Mark said confused.
"Nope, my girlfriend is." Jade said.
Everyone was shocked to hear Jade say "girlfriend."
"Girlfriend?" Mark said really confused.
"Yup. We are officially dating. Besides, Jade's done dealing with your toxic ass." Artemis said.
"This is a joke right babe?" Mark asked.
"I'm not babe anymore. It's Jade to you from now on." Jade said.
"You're seriously breaking up with me?! The captain of the football team??" Mark asked.
"I rather date the captain of the rugby team. Besides, she's way better than you." Jade said.
"Your parents are gonna be so pissed when they hear this!" Mark said.
"Actually, I don't mind." Jade's mom said.
Everyone looked at Jade's parents.
"I rather have her date Artemis than you Mark. I've dealt with you for months and can't even stand you in my house for more than 5 minutes." Jade's mom said.
"What about you Mr. Yang? You like me a lot more right?" Mark asked.
"I used to. But I don't like the way you dress. You dress like everyday you have basketball practice. And do you even know what deodorant is? Because if you don't I can give you some of mine." Jade's dad said.
Everyone laughed at Mark. Mark and a couple of his friends then left the party. Jade's parents went up to Jade and Artemis.
"I never expected my daughter to date another girl, but in all honesty. Whatever makes you happy, makes us happy." Jade's dad said.
Jade smiled and hugged them both.
"I like her more anyway. She's good with Snowball and Boba." Jade's mom said.
"Where are they by the way?" Jade asked.
"Over there." Jade's mom said.
Everyone looked at the entrance.

Everyone awwed seeing them in a bow

Everyone awwed seeing them in a bow. Jade and Artemis went up to both of them and everyone cheered. And for the rest of the night, Jade had an amazing 18th birthday. She thought she was gonna have any fun, but it changed, because of a simple kiss from Artemis.

{ The End of Artemis 1 }