Lesson 12

twelve|mystery

🌸 There are only two ways in opening a mystery fiction. First, you start on the conflict and the rest of the story flows in solving it. Second, a brief story will be written before the conflict occurs and the rest of the story proceeds.

🌸 Questions are sprawled. Clues could be given. The key to this is that you may have given out clues but the clue itself is confusing. In most of mystery fictions that I've read and watched, the clues written, in the end doesn't even matched the hidden antagonist's identity. But still the choice in handing down clues will be all up to you.

🌸 Don't forget the twist and the explosive climax.

🌸 Importantly is the presence of an antagonist. The antagonist could be more than one if desired. Just remember, his or her identity is also part of the mystery. His character tooks up a great amount of responsiblity causing the conflict. But the question is, who is he? Now this just pushes the mystery level higher.

🌸 Did you know that a death of one or two character in a mystery fic gives out a HUGE impact? :)

🌸 The climax should be unexpected and so is the ending. It should be unpredictable that the reader should have not seen it coming.