[🕯️] : Black-Out.

.
.
.

PAIRING
Yeonjun X Yeji
.

❝Silences are sounds,Come listen them sometime

Silences are sounds,
Come listen them sometime.
They'll blossom by just touching you,
Call them home sometime.
Khamoshiyan, Arijit Singh.

.
.
.
.
.

"So what?"

"So what?! So WHAT?" Yeonjun widens his eyes, not believing the words of the girl in front of him.

No, she definitely can not 'so what' him on his face. Not after what she did today.

"Yes, I thought it was cute, so what?" Yeji says nonchalantly, unfazed, unaffected as she drinks her warm caffeinated drink, letting it soothe her throat.

She likes it iced, but that's totally not suited for the cold weather of Gangwon. It was snowing anyways, but she enjoyed the heater, sitting on the dining table across her roommate who seems like a boiling hot pot.

"My students laughed at it for the whole fucking day and you think it's cute?" The redhead scrunches his brows in pure disbelief. "Hwang Yeji, DICKS ARE NOT CUTE!"

There, he said it. Out of all the cute things in the world, those are surely not the ones. But for Yeji, they are. Especially the ones she drew on the empty slides of Yeonjun's ppt.

"Well, your students had a good laugh, Mr. Professor," She giggles, one of her sweater paws falling to her knee, skin there exposed because her oversized garment only reached her mid-thigh as she decided not to wear sweatpants.

After this hour long argument, it is clear to Yeonjun that he's not going to win against his roommate. It is late in the night, they should probably be sleeping.

He was just capable to sigh. Besides, she's right. Humor is subjective.

"Aren't you going to at least apologize?" He asks with the last brink of hope in an attempt to mock her but it fails as well when she smiles, shakes her head as a no and stands up along with her mug.

"You wish~" She remarks with a wiggle of her brows — starts to walk up to her room — only to get interrupted by the lights going off.

The darkness engulfs the whole apartment — city even, within a second and Yeji's blood runs cold. She stops all motion.

"Was there any power cut scheduled today?" Yeonjun questions after a few seconds amidst the sudden eerie silence.

He receives no answer.

"Yeji—" He calls out again, but a loud crash from outside makes her gasp, cup falls from her hands on the tiled floor, shattering it as he jolts up in his chair. "—Yeji!"