2 - The Walk

Jenzi and Ruby left the bank. As they moved down the dimly lit street, they talked. "So," started Jenzi. "What's your profession? Do you steal from the supermarket?"

"Is that supposed to be an insult?" asked Ruby hotly.

"No, no!" said Jenzi, putting one hand up (for the other hand was carrying the sack of money). "I was just asking, you don't seem like you're someone who steals jewelry or anything."

Ruby patted the pocket of the vest she was wearing, "I steal weapons." she said simply.

"Like firepower and explosives?" asked Jenzi.

"No," replied Ruby. "I like stuff that isn't mechanical. Like ninja stars and nun-chucks and swords." Ruby decided to return the question Jenzi asked. "What do you steal? Just money?"

Jenzi looked at the dark, cloudy sky. "Yeah, that's it. I just steal money." he said. "I don't know what else to steal. You can buy just about anything with money."

"That may be true," said Ruby. "but you know the phrase 'Money can't buy happiness'."

Jenzi nodded slowly. "I've heard that so many times by now, it's been branded onto my brain!"

Ruby didn't know what to say as a reply to that, so she stayed quiet. After a while, Jenzi stopped at an old abandoned warehouse. Ruby also stopped.

"Is this your hideout?" she asked, gazing at the large building with interest.

Jenzi nodded. "Yeah, this is where I keep my stash of cash. It also serves as my castle." Ruby examined the rusty metal door.

"No offense, but this seems more like a metal trash heap than a castle." she said.

Jenzi sighed. "You're not wrong," he said while fumbling with the rust covered lock. A loud CLANG! was heard as rusty chains fell and Jenzi finished unlocking the door. Ruby covered her ears with her paws.

"Hey!" she whisper-shouted. "Aren't you trying to keep this place a secret???"

"Don't worry," said Jenzi. "No one lives around here. They think this place is haunted! That's part of why I chose this as my hideout." Ruby looked around at the houses near the warehouse. There weren't any lights in the houses, and not even the street lamps were lit. The scene might have seemed ominous and unsettling to some, but for Jenzi, it was somewhat calming. "Don't you get lonely here?" She asked him. "Why are you asking about being lonely?" Jenzi asked. "You live by yourself all the time!" Ruby looked Jenzi right in the eyes. "I did say that I lived alone." she said. "But I didn't say that I liked it."