005

⋆·˚ ༘ *

⋆·˚ ༘ *

you panted, arms pumping as you ran around the block. after two months in the new place you really felt settled in. the gym close by 'fucking sucks' according to the old lady in the mailroom so you settled on simply jogging around a nearby neighborhood. sure, living in the city was great for you but running along the sidewalks was really just a recipe for disaster.

your shorts rode up as you ran, loose t-shirt darkening with sweat. your hair pulled back and your ears filled with headphones you were practically in your own little world. your mind was racing, moving faster than your body as you thought about your plans for tonight.

two days ago you complained that you haven't been out enough. now newly single you wanted to start mingling so stein had offered to take you to a bar downtown, the best in his opinion. usually, going to a bar didn't affect you like this but the thought of going to a bar with stein did. he was stein, the man who plagued your mind while your hands slipped under your pajama pants and made you nervous with just a glance.

you'd asked mira and the rest of the girls what to wear and instead of helping you, they decided to tease you for how fast you 'moved'. also wanted to meet him, know if he was cute, etc.

you walked into the building and did that thin lip smile at the guy who walked past you. pulling out your bundle of keys you went into the mailroom, expecting a package. you sighed at the sight of him. his back was to you, muscles visible through the tight shirt that he wore.

"why are you everywhere?" you hide the whine that wanted to escape with your complaint but he heard it. he turned to you, eyes still scanning his mail.

"1. we live in the same building and 2. I thought you loved seeing me? i mean why else would you agree to go out with me tonight." he smirked a the look on your face. you rolled your eyes beside the quickened beat of your heart and went to your mailbox, pushing past him.

"don't start with me, you're the one who offered. and if I didn't know any better," box in hand you turned back to him and innocent smile on your lips "i'd think this was your way of asking me on a date."

your brain did flips at the slight tint at the top of his ears. you didn't let him respond and walked out the door. he shamelessly watched, your shorts rode up with every steps and the sway of your hips only added to the red hue consuming his face. it was a date to him, a chance to take you out of the apartments you frequented and see you in something different from sweats and work out clothes. he never had the fortune of seeing what you wore to work since you woke up too early for him to catch you and came back around when he hit the gym.

he had to jog to the elevator before it close because he knew you wouldn't hold it for him.

"damn it," you poorly whispered when he got in "you made it." you snickered at the unamused face he gave you.