Pie With Strangers

____________

Pie With Strangers:

It was a quarter till two am, and I was nowhere near tired. I flipped over on to my stomach and picked up my phone, ready to wake Lesley, for some early breakfast at the 24 hour diner. I turned on the screen to see that I had a text message from an hour and a half ago. I frowned, not sure how I had missed a text from someone.

I opened it to find that it was an unknown number. It simply read 'Hi there.' so I decided to respond. I mean, sure it could've been anyone, but lets not beat around the bush. We all know who it was. So, yes, I responded.

Me: What do you want?

It didn't take very long for him to respond, which surprised me, considering he had texted me a little over an hour ago.

Him: There's a lot of things I want, most of which I can't have.

Me: Okay, let me rephrase that. What do you want with me?

Him: Nothing, you're boring.

I frowned. Is he being sarcastic with me?

Me: Kay, bye then.

This time it took him longer to respond. My frown deepened, and I shoved my phone under my pillow. I had this weird feeling, swirling in my chest, like I was disappointed or something. I closed my eyes, trying to dream away this unwelcomed feeling. But, then my pillow vibrated.

Him: Wait. Don't go, yet. I was only kidding.

Me: Okay, fine. You have my attention. Now can you tell me what it is that you want?

Him: I want you to meet me at the local diner. This second.

I frowned. Was this guy even more insane than I thought? I knew I should of said something like 'No way' or blocked his number or called the police or something. But, yet again, curiosity took the better of me.

Me: If I go, you're not going to murder me or anything, right?

Him: Now, why would I murder you in a diner? At least let me kidnap you first, jeeze.

I rolled my eyes.

Me: Okay, fine, I'm in.

Him: I thought you'd say that. (:

Once again, Blondie has me frowning.

Me: How?

Him: Because you're so predictable.

Okay, now he was just pissing me off.

Me: Just meet me in the diner in fifteen.

I quickly closed my phone and climbed out of bed. I hurriedly threw on my white Hollister sweatshirt and grabbed for my car keys. As quietly as I could, I snuck out of the house and jumped into the drivers seat of my car. Pulling out of the driveway, I rolled the top down and decided to leave my car radio off.

I don't know, I mean, I guess I just needed the silence to think. I mean, who knows what this guy wanted, right? Jeeze, I just wish I knew his name.

Anyway, I was driving down the street, and couldn't help but notice all of the birds flying around the darkened sky. It sort of made me wonder. Do birds ever sleep? Or do they just go on, flying their whole lives, never needing to stop for a break or take a nap?

Suddenly, I was being honked at, by a car behind me. The light was green, and I had not been paying attention. I quickly began driving down the road again, until the car had passed me. I sort of rolled my eyes at myself, contemplating how stupid I was for distracting myself over stupid things.