Chapter 9 - Déjà vu

I can't believe what is happening around me. Thinking about everything, nothing is normal here. This is a dream, no! A nightmare. A nightmare that I can't wake up.

I stare at the guy standing in front of me. With the help of the lamp on Hei-ran's hand, I can see him. For the first time, I see his face. Not only the orange colour beams but also the silver moonlight is fallen to his pale face.

My heart skips a beat.

It is an unexplainable feeling. I keep looking at him, his eyes, his face... I feel that I'm frozen in my place. His wet clothes are sticking to him, the raven black bangs are falling to his exposed forehead. This man, Jeon Jungkook...

Why am I getting this feeling that we have met before?

I stand up from my place and start stepping toward him. As I go near him, I can feel cold yet burning sensation on my shoulder, exactly the place my birthmark is. It's not hurting, it feels like water tickling down in a pattern, the pattern of my birthmark. I can't help but walk near him.

I feel like I'm under a spell.

To both my and his surprise, I touch his face. I don't even know the reason why I'm acting like this. My palm caresses his soft and glowing cheek. He widens his big doe eyes and stares at me. Hei-ran is standing in her place, dumbfounded and speechless.

What's wrong with you Y/n? Why are to doing this?

I look into his shiny black orbs and...

Suddenly a tear rolled down my cheek, warm and cold, I didn't even realise that I'm crying. I, myself am confused and puzzled. But this seems right, I feel such a relief after seeing him, touching him. Jungkook looks so shocked, but he doesn't try to stop me, he scrutinized my face well. Perhaps he's feeling the same?

Through the tears, I smile.

"You have grown up well," I am feeling the utmost happiness mounting inside me. My heart flutters with joy and adoration.

The daze finally brakes out. I shook my head and paced away from him.

What am I doing? Have I gone crazy? This is so embarrassing.

"Mr Jeon, I'm so sorry, I don't know what was in my mind. Suppose all these unfamiliar things happening around me have made me go insane." I looked away. My face is heating up, I can feel it turning red. I quickly wipe away my tears.

Jungkook, the man that is called the leader of them is young, he can't be more than four years older than me. For some reason, I feel that it's not the first time we have met. I flicker at him, who is still speechless.

"Have you seen me before?" I pointed my index finger at myself. "By any chance, have we met before? Maybe when I was in Korea?" I ask him with hope.

He snickers as I queried.

"No, it's the first time I met someone as insane as you," he folds his arms in front of his chest and shoots a disapproved gaze at me.

I frown my face and mumble to myself.

"Yeah sure,"

"Can I know what were you doing out in the dark when the law of immoral is still prevailing?" He lashes at me. I roll my eyes. There he goes again, blabbering balderdash.

That's when Hei-ran comes forward. I raise my eyebrows as she falls to her knees and starts pleading Jungkook.

"The blame is upon me master, she didn't know the law, she is a stranger to our kingdom, punish me if you should." Unbelievable, why is she taking my side on this?