Chapter 10 - The Long Journey

My head is clouded with heavy thoughts. It is not helping me to get a good night's sleep. I was laying on a comfortable bed Hei-ran prepared for me. I can feel the nice fragrance of the wind that passes through the silk curtain. My eyes lay on the vase filled with lavender colour flower buds that are barely bloomed. They slowly dangle with the breeze, it looks magical as the flowers glow a light purple colour. They look so alive.

I turn to the other side facing the open window and cover my body with the thick blanket I was given. It must have been only hours after I got on my flight to Korea and so many things happened already. I heaved a long sigh. My parents must be worried about me. Did they get to know the plane I was in got crashed? did my father inform me about that my mom? or is she still waiting for my arrival? Both of them must be worried sick about me. I am their only child. Will they think that I died because of the plane crash?

Maybe they will...

I shut closed my eyes. I'm stuck here, in nowhere. I don't know anyone here. For these few hours I encountered the weirdest things that I never imagine to see in real life, I thought they only existed in fantasy novels and dramas. Hei-ran explained to me about the creatures Jungkook saved me from. They are called soul snatchers, they are similar to sirens that are mentioned in old fairy tales. Those creatures turn themselves into beautiful women and make people fall for their irresistible looks and soft talks. Soul snatchers feed themselves with the sins of people. They lurk in the darkness in the daytime and come out for haunt at night and feed. They provoke the humans' sins so that they can suck their souls until they drain out their life of them. If it wasn't for Jungkook I would have been bon appetit for those uglies by now. A shiver ran down me as I recall the incident that happened a few hours ago.

Those bloody screeches will haunt me in my dreams forever, I can assure you that.

I realised I fell snoozed out without knowing when I suddenly woke up. The shades of sun rays were barely falling through the window. I stretched my body and sat on my bed after discerning that it was pointless to fall asleep once again. As Jungkook said I will have to leave with him as soon as light mooches the earth with its warmness, waking up the whole world welcoming to a new day. I stepped near the window and inhaled the fresh air.

My priority is to get out of this place, and it should be my only target. Deep inside I felt like I wanted to get to know this place more. I find all these strange things oddly familiar. Maybe it's resembling a story I read back when I was a kid.

I stare far away at the mountain's shades that are shaped like human head. As Hei-ran said, that is where we will be travelling, Kim's residence, the clan that included three brothers and happens to be the most powerful clan among the other clans. She was so eager to feed me with all the information about Hwa but I was exhausted from the day already, so she let me rest until the time to leave which I was willingly wanting for, some time for myself. It's going to be a long journey filled with soul snatchers and all kinds of weird goons running around with flames flashing from their hands or fairies splashing pisky dust on trees like in the Tinkerbell movie. I turned my heel to step away from my cabin. I shriek and tripped backwards as I espy the tall figure standing behind me.

"God damn it, you scared the hell out of me," I clutched my shirt and breathe fast, trying not to let my heart leave its rib cage.

" You are awake." Jungkook's voice talks to me. I nod, " Good, we can leave within an hour" he quietly leaves with no intention to continue a chat with me. As he goes I glanced at the tattoo mark carved on his right arm. A tiger flower, but it is not bloomed, it's only half-thrived. Yesterday when he unleashed his powers that tattoo glimmered blue highlights, but now it looks completely normal, just like a normal tattoo anyone would have.