7- The clouds

The lights become dim then brighten, light beaming out from small tubes scattered across string. The fairy lights twinkle like stars in the night sky.

Days and days have pasted. I've spent my time putting up fairy lights in his hospital room.

Suddenly a head pops into the room.

"Excuse me, may I speak to you about Kirishima's condition?" The doctor asks and I walk to stand with her in the hallway.

"Since Kirishima overdosed, he has developed something called chronic respiratory failure. Due to his already unstable condition and the gradual development of the illness over time, I'm sorry to inform you this will be fatal," she explains.

I feel my heart sink in my chest. Tears already spilling down my cheeks.

"...there's nothing you can do?" I say in a pained voice.

"Unfortunately not. Although, as long as he wears his oxygen mask, he will be dismissed from the hospital for a day to say his goodbyes."

~

A pool of tears cascade down my face. I choke on my tears launching my fist firmly to the wall. As I pull my hand away it still feels indented from the wall and the stinging pain sensation shoots through my body.

But I don't care. He can't be gone.

My tears turn to sobs and I collapse on my dorm room floor, rolling into a ball and crying into my knees. What seem like hours pass but my eyes continue to overflow with tears.

He can't be gone

He can't be gone

He can't be gone...

I flip around, my hand and knees holding myself up from the ground and slam my fist into the rough floor underneath me..

Its not fair

Scrapes on my knuckles begin to bleed and the blood trails down my arm after a few more punches. My hand starts ache and the cuts violently sting.

It's my fault.

I should've done something. Anything! Why didn't I just help. I should've known that night that he would...

~

"Hey Bakubro?" Eijiro asks. We lay stargazing one night on the oval. He took me here, said it's where he goes when he feels really depressed.

"Yeah?"

The silence is radiating.

"What...do you think it feels like to die?" He mumbles and we both turn our head to the side, facing each other.

I reach my hand out to touch his arm.

"Don't know, don't care," I state, "I'm not going anytime soon anyway," I finish.

"I'm glad."

"What brings it up?" I ask, curious.

"Just a thought," he exclaims with a sigh, his eyes closing, hiding his vibrant, red eyes.

"Do you believe in heaven?" I question.

"Yeah. Do you think I'll make it there?"

"Obviously," I state.

"I think you will too," he adds and we both smile, gazing into each other's eyes.

"Yeah, I'm the best," I remark, causing us both to let out a slight chuckle.

"The manliest," he states.

A smirk engulfs my face.

"The clouds look so pretty, even at night," he comments, looking to the sky.

I gaze up at the night sky, the stars twinkling over me. Small clouds slowly drift past, almost consumed by the blackness surrounding them.

"When I die, I hope to be up there with the clouds. Watching over everyone," he explains and I chuckle.

"What makes you think you think everyone will still be here to watch over? I mean your pretty 'manly' as you say, I bet you'll outlive a lot of us," I say.

He laughs.

"I can only hope."
____________________________
Hope you enjoyed <3
If your confused the ending is a flashback.
The symbol ~ means like a time skip.

Word Count: 609

.