Chapter 4.2

SORRY for the delay.

Specially for its_Prashika and _pranbirians_ . Sorry for not updating that day. My prelims just ended yesterday.

🎶Sweet Night

His heart began to flutter when his eyes caught the silhouette of his wife formed on the white curtains

His heart began to flutter when his eyes caught the silhouette of his wife formed on the white curtains. A slow beatific smile made its way across his face as the air began to flirt with the curtains which helped him to have a glimpse of her. Although he was only able to see her hairs that rolled down to her shoulders, it was enough to refill his void heart with their warm memories. His eyes softened and waves of intense happiness undertook his emotionless features.

Their morning meeting wasn't in his schedule. It came as a shock to him when he saw her having a walk in the conference room before the start of the meeting. If it wouldn't have been his secretary God knows for how long he would have kept staring at her. His brain didn't waste a second mocking him for being so weak but his heart liked the shock. He frowned at how she had more control over it than him. How her presence instantly makes it ready for the longest run and when she is not around, it does even give a damn to beat.

Even though not a single second passed without noticing his craving for her; his features convinced that he was least interested in even seeing her face. Faking things was now his business. He faked a smile for his mother, a laugh for his grandmother. Fake chats with his father. He claimed that he is strong and has moved on. They believed it but his heart still has the hope to have her in his arms and engulf her in his embrace so that she doesn't leave him again. He still loves her so fucking much.

His eyes wandered around in search of something that could have helped him to reach her or anything that could take her attention outside the window. His body urged him to get shelter as soon as possible as the winter air made his skin tingle, sending shivers up to his spine. These cold and bleak nights were the best excuse for him to hug her tightly and dip his head in the crook of her neck. Her warm hug. That's all he wants now.

The mansion was big and so was the security. He remembered at his last visit which was approximately one and a half months ago, there was no sophisticated security system set. Two guards armed at the corner of the gates and four out of their team were leisurely walking, keenly watching the surrounding and sending warning looks to Ranbir. They were almost twofold of his size and as tall as 6'1. He undeniably accepted that he was inferior to them, both in size and strength but he kept on disregarding the glare that was thrown at his side by the heavily built men.

Why does the heart have to overwork, can't it just pump the blood and help him stay alive? He doesn't want to feel anything but the heart is merciless.