Chapter Seventeen

A/N:

This chapter DOES contain some upsetting circumstances. I would advise that if you think that this will upset you, that you do not read it. You CAN continue reading the story without reading this, but some things may get confusing in the future.

Thank you for your support

xx

-------------------

I was frozen, what do I tell him? How about the truth?

I frowned at the voice in my head and looked up at my fiancé. He had a concerned look plastered on his face. After enduring a minute of my silence, he sighed and stepped back, frowning at the space behind me.

“Fine; if you do not trust me, then please don’t tell me...” He stated, coldly, “Pardon me for trying to help you...”

He turned around and walked out of the room at a steady pace and not sure of what else I could do, I followed after him. The closer I seemed to get, the faster he walked. So, once we reached the staircase I stopped.

I frowned, his retreating figure, sighing I replied, “It’s not that I don’t trust you...”

He stopped, turning his head slightly to the side, but not turning around himself, “Go on...”

I took a few paces towards him, “... it’s just that...”

“Just what, Lilliana, tell me!?” He semi-yelled turning around, “I haven’t got all bloody day!”

I visibly winced at his tone, “I can’t...”

The last bit came out in a faint whisper before I fell to my knees and starting sobbing quiet. I heard a sigh and then hasty footsteps. William gathered me in his arms, and cradled me to his chest; whispering gentle things in my ear.

“William?” It was Jamie, “Christ what happened?”

William looked up at his friend, still kneeling on the floor with me against him, “Call Blake and tell him we can’t make it, and then get someone to cancel my plans for this afternoon...”

I could almost feel Jamie’s gaze on me, “Uh, Sure. What do I tell them if they ask why?”

William sighed, “I don’t know, just make something up, anything!”

“Alright...” Jamie sighed, “Do you need me to get you anything?” William must have shaken his head, “Lily?”

I just clung tighter onto my fiancé, not replying verbally.

------------

William’s POV

I glanced down at Lilliana; she was gripping onto my shirt for dear life.

“Just go and do what I said; I’ll take care of her...” I ordered Jamie, using my ‘Prince’ tone on him.

Jamie nodded and with one last glance at Lilliana, he took off in search of a butler. I turned back to my fiancé and sighed at the state of her.

“It’s alright Lily, how about we go back up to the bedroom and talk?” I whispered softly, which she only replied to with a faint nod.

I gathered her in my arms, wrapping them tightly around her, before lifting her frame off the floor and carried her up the stairs. I had no idea what her brother had done, but he sure would pay.

---------

Lily’s POV

William placed me on the bed, and then joined my shortly after. He began whispering things in my ear, trying to get me to stop crying and after a few more minutes, I had.