Chapter Eighteen

A/N:

I'm not exactly happy with this chapter, I'm not sure why. I know it's not my best, but please bare with me and I will edit it soon.

------------------------------

“You are such an idiot!” William exclaimed, slapping his best friend across the back of the head.

I smirked at the two adults before sitting on the chair next to Blake, who rolled his eyes and then turned to me. His hands were collapsed together in front of him, on his lap, while he had a careful look on his face.

“Are you alright?” He questioned, I simply nodded, “Why did the plans get cancelled...?”

My eyes drifted to William and Jamie, who were both staring at me, “Like Jamie said; William was feeling a little hormonal this morning...”

William glared at me, but he didn’t correct me, not with my brother sitting opposite me, on the other chair, next to Sebastian. Adelaide was sitting on the other sofa, at a 90 degree angle to ours, next to Harriet.

Sebastian was watching me carefully, “How come I saw you crying?”

My eyes widened, quickly glancing at William and Jamie, “I don’t know what you mean?”

I nearly slapped myself after saying it; I had to phrase it as a question, didn’t I? I frowned at myself and then innocently looked back up at everyone. Sebastian was still watching me, but he didn’t speak again, he only watched me.

“Who made you cry?”

Aaron.

He was the one who spoke.

“It doesn’t matter, I didn’t cry.” I stated, “You must have been mistaken, my prince...”

I turned to Sebastian.

He raised an eyebrow at me, shaking his head, “What is with the formalities, Lilliana? Your fiancé is of a similar rank, yet you talk with him so commonly...”

I frowned at him, “I am to marry him, and it is pretty much a requirement, my prince. You however, are barely an acquaintance, now, if you do not mind, I have things to attend to. Good evening...”

I got to my feet and quickly hurried from the room. I hurried down the halls, up the staircase and down the corridor to the bedroom that belonged to William and me. I bit my lip and frowned as I saw the King pacing in front of the door, but when he saw me, he stopped.

“There you are, Lilliana!” He exclaimed, walking towards me, “I was about to send someone to search for you, where were you?”

“I....was...er....” I paused, “What did you need?”

He frowned when I didn’t answer his question, but he shook his head, “I just wanted to check on you, dear. You looked very pale at dinner this evening, are you alright?”

I nodded, “I assure you, I’m fine. I was going to take an early night, actually.”

“Of course, don’t let me delay you any longer.” He smiled softly, “Have you seen my son?”

“Er, he is in the downstairs sitting room, the one in the East wing, along with all of the others...” I replied, reaching a hand out for the door handle.

He smiled, “Thank you. I shall see you at breakfast, Sleep well.”

Once in the room, I slammed the door behind me. I just wanted to go home for a while, away from Sebastian, the King and the wedding. I would happily take William with me, I was currently my security blanket, and I needed him.