❝ saintly saviour ❞ - Draco x Harry

Pairing ;; Drarry
Little ;; Harry (15)
Caregiver ;; Draco (15)
AU ;; 5th Year
TW ;; panic attack (sort of a vent fic)
Requested by ;; a lot of you

Note : time to project on poor Harry

❨⚡️❩

As he stared at his pale reflection in the bathroom mirror of Myrtle's territory, Harry became very self-conscious about his heart...as if he couldn't trust it. He felt terribly hot and on-edge. His mind frantic and all over the place, to the point that it became practically impossible to focus on why he was there in the first place.

Suddenly, he felt hot and sweaty, so hot and sweaty that he stripped off his sweatshirt and shakily tried turning on the tap to run his face under cold water. But as he managed to get a proper grip on the sink, the hand trembling traveled down into his arms and legs, leaving him unsteady on his feet. His heart seemed to pound even faster, even harder. The noirette tried taking a deep breath to calm himself , but his breaths were sharp and shallow. His vision got darker and narrower and looked kaleidoscopic, like when one closes their eyes and presses down on their eyelids to "see stars."

"You're dying," a voice in his head said. "This is what death feels like, and you're going to die alone."

Was going to die?

He was convinced he was dying.

Harry could feel himself slipping in his panic. He wanted to hit himself for letting it happen at such an inopportune moment. Hermione wasn't here to watch him.. which only filled him with more dread. She always said it was dangerous for him to be alone whenever he was 'small' so she rather keep an eye on him like a "good big sister should" as she always said.

But she wasn't there, which only fuelled his fear even further. He felt so stupid for snapping and storming off when Seamus and the other Gryffindors started attacking him once more about the supposed lies the Daily Prophet said he told for the umpteenth time this week alone.

Harry wanted to lay down on the cold stone floor as nausea took over and close his eyes, but he was scared that he wouldn't wake up.

His chest loosens. Stomach is still tied-up, but not as bad. Upon this realization , he suddenly takes a deep breath. For the past few minutes it felt like air wasn't getting all the way down into his lungs. Not a single breath was satisfying.

And then, he slowly sank to the floor, eyes closing unwillingly. He's unsure about how much time passed before he was gently tapped awake.

"Potter? Are you...alright?"a familiar voice asked quietly. "Potter?"

Harry burst into tears when he registered that it was Draco Malfoy of all people who found him in such a vulnerable position.

The quicksilver eyes widened in shock. "P..Potter..?" he asked with uncertainty, sitting down to his level.

"You gunna huwt mes too! Like da oder big kids..!"the noirette wailed, curling into himself.

Something clicked in Draco's head. He'd overheard Granger talking about some Muggle thing called "regression" once in the library. He would have ignored her had the topic not piqued his interest when Tracey said she and Theo...practised..(?) the same thing for whenever something stressed him out or hurt him. He sort of knew the basics and had tried a hand a looking after Theo whenever he did 'regress', so Draco was quite sure that was what Harry was doing - judging by the way he seemed to act similarly to Theo.

Despite the fact that this was his enemy, a part of Draco softened when he observed Harry. Perhaps he could help him? Just this once though, of course-

He held up his hands in an effort to seem non threatening to him. " I promise I'm not going to hurt you Potter, there's no need to worry."

"You won huwt mes..?"

"Mhm, I won't. If you'd like me to, I - ahm.. can watch you for the time being?"

Harry frowned . "But Mal no like Hawwy..? So whys?"

"I.. actually don't know." He was being genuine with that statement. Something within Draco told him that he was going in the right direction and should just let things flow. "Maybe I'm going soft?"

Harry giggled at that. "Maybes...buh- uhm... ifs...Mal pwomise no huwt mes..den .. oki.. Hawwy like dat.."

"Of course ,"Draco replied with a lopsided grin. "So , what do you wanna do?"he asked with a more enthusiastic voice.

❨⚡️❩

I HAVE UPDATED AFTER A BAJILLION YEARS. I may make a part two of this dynamic though but please be patient with me :( It's midyear exam term and I barely have zero time for myself anymore. Already agonisingly slow updates will be virtually nonexistent my sweet babes </3

but tysm for all the votes and reads! I'll make a poll soon for which pairing you all would like for my 35K + special

xoxo,
- V