15

Moira never thought much about time, well not going back in time until she met Collin. Collin would always say 'even when I can go back in time and change things, I wouldn't change a single thing about us.' Moira thought it was sweet, naïve, but sweet. If he could go back right before one of their big fights and change what he said or did, she knew he would because she would do the same thing. She wouldn't change being with him, she loved him.

"Hey, we got it working again." Devon told Moira as he made his way towards the lake. She leaned over looking out at Lake Michigan. "You want to be stuck here?" Devon joked and leaned back on his elbows, his eyes quizzically examining her. She stayed silent. "Mo?" Her eyes met his and he saw a broken woman, not the strong, brave woman he knew and loved. "Moira what's wrong? This is good, it's working again. We can go home." He didn't know if that was true or not but he needed to give her some motivation to keep going.

"It's funny." She said simply, giving no indication that she had more to say.

"What's funny?" Devon urged. She turned so her back was to the lake; they looked to the city in front of them now. The city they once knew so well was completely new again.

"Time." Devon cocked his head to her but she didn't look at him. "Time is funny."

"How so?"

"No matter what we do, time is consistent. Time doesn't care about if we have a deadline or are running late. Time keeps going, days past, equally, without fail. The sun may rise sooner or later or not at all but 8, 9, 10 o'clock still comes and goes." Moira watched as Leonard walked towards them. "Time is something we can't control, we couldn't control." She corrected. "We could try and manage our time, but never turn it back and start over..." Devon put a hand on Moira's shoulder. "It's just funny, or maybe funny isn't the right word." Moira bit at her lip, and pulled away her hair from her eyes. "Maybe disturbing is a better word." Devon opened his mouth to speak but Leonard's deep voice beat him to it.

"We got it spinning again." Leonard said and gestured for Moira and Devon to follow him. "You two alright?" Leonard questioned turning back to them. Devon still had an arm around Moira's shoulders and she walked closely to him.

"We okay?" Devon asked her. Moira took one long, slow blink, and then nodded.

Moira's birthday was at the end of the next week, yet she hadn't been born yet. Time, it kept going yet going back, actually going back...

"You sure about this?" Raj questioned, Emily pushed her glasses up on her face again.

"What if it doesn't work?" Lena questioned.

"What if it does?" Devon countered. Collin looked to Moira who stood curiously watching the machine.

"Should we hold hands?" Emily suggested as the wind started to pick up. A small portal started to open but Collin didn't know how he did it. He didn't know what he did differently. He was just tightening and loosening parts. Hitting the machine over and over again until it finally started moving.

"Pray for a miracle." Leonard instructed as he grabbed onto Emily's hand. Emily continued the chain and grabbing onto Collin, Collin to Moira and so on until they were all connected surrounding the glowing, spinning machine. Collin let go of Moira and Devon.

"You all go first, ill grab the machine, and pull it through." He told them, trying to sound braver than he felt. The portal started pulling them closer sucking them in, theirs hands slipped apart and they got sucked in again. Collin watched as Devon clung onto Moira as they disappeared into the void. Collin got a few seconds to breath before gripping onto the machine tighter and hurdling himself into the portal.