Peace

Kaz brekker X fem!reader

Kaz groaned as he awoke, shifting a little to properly see you, a pillow dividing the both of you, and hands entwined over it. He let himself smile as memories of the day before came to his mind.

You were finally his wife, and he was your husband.

He stared at your sleeping form, and thought of the day you had both gotten engaged.

You were seeming off, very off. The entire day you hadn't even glanced at him once, always whispering to Jesper and talking to Inej. He felt very left out and unseen. Maybe you'd finally come to your senses and decided to leave him. The mere thought made him panic and almost hurl his lunch all over the floor of the Slat. He looked up to see you hug Jesper and his jaw clenched. He stormed all the way up to his office, his leg protesting with every step.
He sat down at his desk and tried to calm down, focusing on the Crow Club books, after a while, he felt Inej's presence behind him.
"What is it?" he sighed.
"You're jealous that your girlfriend hasn't spent time with you and you're here sulking like a spoilt brat. That's what." she replied.
He huffed, "I'm not jealous."
"Of course not, she asked me to give this to you." she dropped a letter on the desk and left the way she came.
He gulped and opened the letter,
'Meet me on the roof at seven bells.'
Seven bells, that was in five minutes. He cursed and headed to the wash basin and furiously washed his face and combed his hair, trying his best to look presentable after his hissy fit.
At exactly seven bells, he was on the roof, and you were there too, smiling your lovely smile.
And when you bent down on one knee and asked him to be your husband, he almost cried. That was the first time he'd kissed your cheek and you kissed his hands, making him blush a deep red.
He mindlessly fiddled with the gold ring that hung from a chain, fighting the urge to bury his nose in your hair.

The wedding had been small. It had taken place on Inej's ship and Mister Ghafa had officiated it, only the seven of them, and three of you friends had come.
The evening was spent in dancing and singing sea shanties, and giving toasts. He had to hide his face many times and try and will away the flush in his cheeks that somehow appeared every time he looked at you. You wore a black dress that made her you like a queen, and you were. You were his queen.
And now, as the sunlight streamed in through the window and your eyes fluttered open, and your mouth stretched into a lovely smile, Kaz Rietveld was at peace.