Chapter 8

Lucy walked in pulling Everly behind her and slowly walked around Mr Tumnus's house

Everly went and sat on the small sofa. While Lucy walked up to a photo picking it up softly while looking at it " now that, that is my father" Mr Tumnus said turning away from making tea. " He has a nice face, he looks a lot like you " Lucy replied looking up at Mr Tumnus

" no I'm not very much like in at all really " he said " my father is fighting in the war " Lucy said sadly while Everly berried her head in her teddy she carries everywhere.

"My father went away to war two, but that was a long, long time ago." Mr Tumnus said looking back at her before finishing the tea. " before this dreadful winter " he continued " Winters not all bad there's ice skating, snowball fights, ohh.... and Christmas " Lucy said softly before smiling at the end. " not here not anymore, no we haven't had a Christmas here in 100 years " Mr Tumnus said

" what no presents for 100 years " Lucy said shocked " always winter, never Christmas " he said " it's been a long winter " he continued. by now they have moved to sit by the fire.

Everly has squeezed in between Lucy on the edge of the sofa. Lucy grabbed her under the arms and pulled her up the rest of the way " but you Would of loved Narnia in the summer, we fauns is danced with dryads all night, and we never did get tired and music, oh such music, would you like to hear some now"

" yes please " Lucy said wide-eyed. " now are you too familiar with any Narnia lullabies" he said. " sorry, no " Lucy replied. " well that's good cause this probably won't sound anything like one " he said looking at them both them.

He started paying a beautiful song on something that look like a flute of some sort. Lucy gaze suddenly drifted to the fire.

But because Everly was wearing special headphones she couldn't hear the music at.

All of a sudden creatures started dancing in the fire then a huge beautiful lion roared loudly. Lucy jumped at the loud roar before pulling Everly into her as she gasped. Lucy could feel her eyes start to close as she dropped her tea.

when Lucy woke up and looked out of the window and realised how dark it was " oh we should go" " it's too late for that now " Lucy looked at Mr Tumnus and got up to walk to him, before looking back at Everly realising she must have been awake the entire time.

" I'm such a terrible faun " Mr Tumnus said making Lucy look at him " no you're not you're the nicest faun we've ever met" "then I'm afraid you've had a poor sampling " Mr Tumnus said looking ashamed.

" you couldn't of done anything that bad " Lucy said softly. " it's not something I have done, it's something I'm doing" "what are you doing" Lucy said confused "I'm kidnapping both of you it was "

" the white witch she's the one that makes it always Winter, always cold, she gave orders if we ever see a human wondering the woods we are supposed to turn it over to her " he said stuttering once in a while.

" but Mr Tumnus you couldn't, I thought you were our friend" And after that Mr Tumnus grabbed both of them and began running.

" now she may already know you're here, the woods are full of her spies, even some of the trees are on her side."

We came to where the lamppost was " can you find your way back from here " Mr Tumnus asked " yes I think so will you be alright" Lucy asked.

Mr Tumnus started crying. " hey, hey " Lucy Said trying to comfort him handing him a handkerchief. " I'm sorry, I'm sorry here " he said trying to hand Lucy her handkerchief back. " keep it you need it more than I do " Lucy said smiling.

" now go, go " Mr Tumnus said to Lucy and Everly. Lucy grabbed Everly's hand and began to run through the trees to were the wardrobe was and fell with a thump.

" come on " Lucy said as she got up and ran and starte shouting " It's alright, we're back, we're alright ".