Chapter 11

With that Lucy ran out crying, making Everly cry too

With that Lucy ran out crying, making Everly cry too. Peter looked at Everly gently pulling her to him, picking her up and tucking her head in his chest.

"Owwww" Edmund said after Peter pushed him down on the bed before running after Lucy. Peter and Susan ran chased after Lucy only to find her hugging the professor. Macready walked in yelling "you children are one shenanigans shy of sleeping in the stables" before she seen the professor.

"Sorry professor I told them you were not to be disturbed" she said looking down. "It's alright Mrs Macready I'm sure there's an explanation but first I think these two are in need of some hot chocolate" he said gently pushing Lucy's back, towards the Macready. "Actually I think Everly is ready for bed" looking down at the half crying half sleeping sister in his arms.

"Come along dear" Mrs Macready said placing a gentle hand on Lucy's back and leading her away. The professor then took Peter and Susan to his office. "You seemed to have upset the delicate internal balance of my house keeper" the professor said looking down at them.

"We're are very sorry sir, it won't happen again" Peter said, about to walk out. "Is she alright" the professor said looking down at Everly, who was sucking her thumb. "She does it to feel safe, it helps her sleep, it's been hard for her, being away from mom" Peter explained. "It's our sister sir, Lucy" Susan said.

"The weeping girl" replied the professor. "It's nothing we can't handle"Peter replied not wanting help. "Oh yes, I can see that" he said. "She thinks she's found a magical land! In the upstairs wardrobe" Susan said, ignoring Peter. "What did you say" the professor said.

As he leads them to his sofa. "The wardrobe upstairs! Lucy thinks she's found a forest inside" Peter spoke up. "She won't stop going on about it" finished Susan. "What was it like" he said intrigued. "Like talking to a lunatic" the professor waved his hand in dismissal. "No, no, no not her the forest" he said.

"You, your saying you believe her" Peter asked, "you don't" the professor replied. "But of course, I mean logically it's impossible" Susan spoke up. "What do they teach you in school these days" looking down shaking his head in disbelief. "Edmund said he was only pretending" Peter confessed.

"And he's usually the more truthful one is he?" He questioned. "No, this would be the first time" Peter admitted "well then If she's not mad and she's not lying then logically she's you must assume she's telling the truth" the professor said. "Your saying we should believer her?" Peter asked.

"She's your sister isn't she? Your family, might just try acting like one" the professor said ending the conversation there. Peter and Susan separated ways, Peter going to the girls room, to put Everly to bed. Peter payed Everly to bed grabbing a sippy cup and Everly's powder milk, to help her sleep before walking over to his room and closing his eyes letting sleep takeover