II

Kane's (POV):

I couldn't believe what the hell was going on, Seb was caught with Ryan on top of him — completely naked! I wanted to feel bad for Darren because he was my friend after all, but Ryan was right Darren can't sit back and be that upset if he has cheated on someone as well then left them out in the cold. For a whole two months I comforted Darren happy that our friendship was getting back to the way it use to be. To be clear I was not trying to take advantage of him after they'd broken up since it's only been two months and the wounds were still fresh.

"Hey Darren — "

I hesitated for a minute unsure if asking him if he was. Since I know the pain of being cheated on I could I knew exactly how he feels. Walking over to him pulling his headphones off I dragged him out of the chair forcing him to sit on the bed. Since he was still feeling a little down I thought why not take him out.

"Let's go out and have fun — it'll take your mind off of— him."

I said treading carefully not wanting to set him off by mentioning Ryan's name. Grabbing his shoes I slid them in front of his feet putting on a smile for him even though I was slightly scared. Right as I opened my mouth to ask Darren if he'd reconsider me as more than a friend Seb knocked on the door holding his camera. Shifting my position feeling the atmosphere become awkward, why did he feel the need to ruin everything?

"Ooh what are you two doing? Did I interrupt something — huh?"

He said teasingly smiling ear from ear, pretending that he was not existent I gave Darren a reassuring smile before sliding off the bed shuffling out the door past Seb who was rambling on about being treated unfairly and how he was constantly ignored worse than Justin. Which was partially true except he deserved it most of the time.  Shuffling down the stairs not surprised to see Regie walking around the house shirtless behind him was Oliver. Those two were like father and son the way stars and the rest of the guys see Manager Ty as our father.

"You gotta roll that shit up properly cuz — do you not know how to make sushi properly."

Regie said taunting Ryan who was glaring at him out the corner of his eyes. Watching Ryan closely wondering just how he was feeling about this situation between him and Darren. He seemed so chill, but secretly he's probably wishing he could take back what he said to Darren. One good thing that came out of this was that I've been able to fully mend my friendship with Darren and even if it meant putting my unrequited feelings to the side I'd do that for him.

"Hey, Kane bro are you ready to go?"

Darren said walking in front of me taking a bite of Bae's sandwich. Bae just completely shut down pouting watching as Darren cleaned his finger with his napkin. Smiling ear to ear unable to help myself even after all this time and everything we've been through  — it was hard to not stare at him adoringly.

"Yo Kane you ok?"

Oliver said gripping my shoulder tightly staring  into my eyes. Giving him an awkward nod I took a deep breath then walking to the door Darren behind me. I could feel Ryan's eyes on us, but I didn't care he'd messed up and now I'm going to make sure that Darren knows my intentions are pure even no one else does. As we walked outside Seb appeared his face was contorted in a judgmental manner. It was obvious that he was a bit jealous, but I don't know why he was pushing it when he knew that we've already talked. Me and Darren hopped into the car heading to the mall to do a little shopping together, get some food and just hangout.

When we finally arrived we both agreed to eat first then stopped to get Chick-fil-A. After eating we walked around for around a couple minutes before stopping at an off-white store for outfits. Darren bought a shirt, but I had something else on my mind.  I saw these amazing off white ring there were only two left, and I thought it would look good on him and since his birthday was in one more month away this was a perfect gift. Right as Darren left to go to the bathroom I shuffled over to the jewelry section my heart racing. Why was this so nerve wrecking? A women with short blonde hair wearing a off white shirt and jogger pants walked up to me her blue eyes scanning over my facial features. Feeling flattered by her hungry I eyes I flashed her a smile in response she blushed.

"How - can I help you?"

She asked me pressing her hand in the glass her long red fingers nails matched her red lipstick. Looking over my shoulder to check if Darren had exited the bathroom, but he hadn't. Turning my attention back to the pretty women in front of me I tapped my fingers in the glass pointing at the off white rings.

"How much are those?"

I asked her feeling my palms getting clammy, I wanted to surprise him and this couldn't go wrong. No matter what I'd cheer him up and make sure he forgets everything else. The women took a key from around her neck and unlocked the jewelry case then pulled out the off white ring. She held up the ring and I saw the ring price — it was only two hundred and thirty two dollars — was this worth it! Did this mean that much to me. Suddenly I felt a hand on my shoulder and Darren appeared out the corner of my eye I saw the promise ring Ryan had gotten him last year. I don't know why I felt like my heart was being ripped apart and out back together again. Biting my lower lip holding in my anger and frustration with him. I shouldn't feel this way, but I do he's still wearing that even after Ryan broke his heart. It's strange I'd promised to push my feelings aside and yet the thought of Ryan touching him again pissed me off.

"Ya know what — never mind maybe next time —- I don't know what in the hell — I was thinking."

I said in a indignant tone staring into Darren's eyes before walking off. After all this time my heart was really not over Darren, no matter how hard I was trying it seemed to run back to him. When we arrived home we didn't talk we simply greeted everyone as if nothing was wrong before heading up to our rooms.