II

___________________________________________

'No'. Was Lisa's first reaction. 'No.' And then it was an internal debate, seemingly the classic devil and the angel, but Lisa had no idea who was who.

'Well why not?'

'You don't want to be a mother!'

'Didn't you just hear her? You won't have anything to do with it! You'll knock her up, then never see her again.'

'You'll have conceived a child!'

'That you won't have any ties to.'

'Genetics!'

'So? Genetics doesn't make you family. And why not, you haven't gotten laid in ages.'

'That's true enough. And Jennie was the hottest girl at Seoul National University.'

'Now she's the hottest woman you'll have had in bed.'

'Wasn't she on the track team?'

'Must be incredibly flexible. Wonder if she can-'

Lisa snapped out of her thoughts before they could get any more lewd. Her stomach was filled with electric butterflies, and she watched as the slim, beautiful woman across from her tried to look uncaring.

"You... really want a child?" was her first question. Jennie's heart double-timed. Lisa was actually considering it!

"I do," she said seriously, her low tones soft, "I have for a long time, and I'm finally in a position where I could comfortably support one."

Lisa nodded, trusting the answer. She didn't know Jennie as well today, but she had always been a free spirit. In her studies, and in her personal life. She wouldn't arbitrarily wake up one morning and decided to knock herself up.

"And you want me to," Lisa made a roundabout motion with her hand while she pinched the bridge of her nose, "to, help you with this?"

Jennie seemed to suffer a flicker of a smile at Lisa's wording. This might actually turn out well. She was hoping and praying. She had waited a long, long time.

"I do," she quieted out, fiddling with the bottom of her glass. She stilled her hands and buckled down, "I know you to be wildly intelligent, and gorgeous, and focused to almost a fault,"

Lisa lifted a brow. Most people just called her a bitch.

"But you have always been an incredibly kind individual, with the best interests of people at heart. I think your personality and traits would be excellent genetic material."

"I see," Lisa said carefully. Jennie studied her intently until she replied, "Alright then."

Jennie paused for a long moment.