Chapter 12: He's Frank- Unromantic, But My Frank Nonetheless

~Gerard's POV~

The show that night was a hassle to get ready for. We had to drive five hours- the show didn't start until eight, we left at around one in the afternoon-to get to the next venue and all the while, Frank was frantically calling press places, telling them to stop any, if not all, of the articles they may have been writing. He said the excuse was that Alicia had walked in on Ray giving Mikey CPR, after he had passed out due to a panic attack that got out of hand. They actually bought into it. Revolver, Alternative Press, Kerrang!, all of them. Two hours of that and we were left with three more hours of just being... us? Mikey was sitting, reading a comic book while Ray played a video game. Frank was laying in his bunk on his back, his head the only thing visible. I myself was sitting here, sipping on a cup of coffee while waiting for Frank to climb down. He would get bored staring at me after a while, I knew it.

I smile, though, despite myself. I know that even if he and I get into arguments, or don't see eye-to-eye, we always go back to the way we were. I know that we will run up to one another, embrace, apologize. We love each other, it's only natural we don't want to be separated from the other. Frank is my everything nowadays. Other than my band, my brother, my little girl, Frank is all that I need. He's my world. I know that he's not nearly as much of a softy as me, so he won't say these sorts of things aloud, but I know he thinks the same thing.

"Gee?" I look up at him again. His eyes are wide. Though we won't say it-remember, he's not affectionate or lovey or romantic- he wants me to lay next to him in his bunk. He wants me to pet his hair until he's fallen asleep. Then he wants me to hold him until I fall asleep next to him. Of course, I'm very tired, so I stand, stretching my arms over my head, allowing a slight moan to escape, before walking in the direction of his bunk. He scoots over, already covered in the blankets.

Stroking his hair, his head against my chest, I feel so... At home. Safe. Whatever you call being your most comfortable, your most happy, that's what I am now. He smiles up at me, fighting the sleep I know is trying to take over. I place a light kiss on his temple. His eyes close and he nestles his head into a spot just over my heart.

"I can hear it, you know." He mutters, and then he's asleep. His breathing slows considerably and he relaxes against me. He's warm and I wish that I could just stay with him like this forever. He's so peaceful and serene this way, with no troubles of the real world, just my Frank and his amazing imagination.

While his light snores hit my ears, I vaguely hear Ray and Mikey speaking softly, though the words themselves fall deaf upon my ears and as soon as I've rested my forehead against my Frank's, I'm asleep, too. I know what when I wake up, it will be a new city, a new venue and another show. But I'll be one show closer to being home. Just Frank and I. I think that it just might be worth the wait.