Chapter 42 - walking red flag?

*NINI POV*

I woke up from a nap. Guess who I dreamt of? I'll give you a clue...not Ricky. I'll give you another clue, his name is Matt.

Yep. It's just great.

Is this cheating??? I feel horrible, and not just because of my head.

Ricky comes into the room. "How are you feeling? Do you want something to eat? Drink?"

"I'm good right now, thanks Ricky...actually one thing?" I asked.

"What's up?"

"Could you give me a kiss?" He smirked, but I wasn't smiling. There's a specific reason I asked for this kiss. Did I fall out of love with Ricky? That's what I needed to know.

"Aw, sure." He blushed, and leaned forward. He gave me a peck on the lips.

"Thanks Ricky. Um...I met your friend this morning...Matt, I think his name was."

He nervously laughed. "Oh, yeah. He's a nice guy, right? I think he'd be fit as a boyfriend, honestly. His future girlfriend is lucky."

"Oh...um...yeah. So he doesn't have a girlfriend? I mean, that just surprises me."

*RICKY POV*

Why does she keep talking about Matt? Why did she even bring him up? I didn't come to talk about him.

"You wanna cuddle?" I asked, changing the topic, I wanted my senior year back.

"Oh, Ricky... I would love to, but it'd be a bit hard cuddling on a hospital bed." Nini laughed awkwardly.

I laughed, "we'll make it work." I said, hopping into the bed as she scooted over.

*NINI POV*

Is Ricky trying to make me fall to the ground? I'm going to have another concussion at this rate.

"Um- " Ricky tried to make himself comfortable on MY bed, which, might I add, isn't built for two people. He's covering 80% of the bed, while I'm covering 20%.

"You comfy?" He asked me.

"Um...yes." I giggled awkwardly as he put my hands around me. Why do I feel uncomfortable? I cleared my throat. "Um, Ricky? Could you- "

That's when...Matt walked in. Perfect timing. "OH UM- I did not need to see this," he said, covering his eyes.

I gasped and gently shoved Ricky off the bed. "No, no, no, Matt. It's not what you think..."

"I mean no, it's fine if you guys wanna do it on a hospital bed I just thought...I'm gonna goooo..." he said walking out of the room.

I covered my face with my hands and groaned. "Ricky. Why did you have to do that?

He laughed! How could he laugh at this? "Nini, it's fine!! It's funny! He thinks-. I'll just go explain what happened. Why are you so embarrassed?"

I scoffed. Who wouldn't be embarrassed? "Go, Ricky. I need to get some more rest."

He scoffed back, "fine, you could've told me that before I came here." He got up and left. Did we just have a fight?

*RICKY POV*

What is Nini's problem? We were just cuddling... it really wasn't a big deal. Since she insisted I explained what happened, I went out of the room to go talk to Matt.

I chuckled, "hey dude."

Matt mocked my laugh. "Hey 'dude'. How was it with Nini? Was it a 10/10 experience? Because guess what, you've taken this way too far."

"Dude, we were just laying there. What's your problem? Oh, I know. Your problem is that you weren't memorable enough for her. Because I was. And honestly if you can't deal with that...then maybe you should leave."

I made a pretty good comeback. Not to sound self-centered or anything. I turn around to see-

Oh... holy smokes.

I'm dead meat.

A/n- THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR 100 VOTES! This is beyond crazy, and we hope you guys are liking the story <3