Chapter 50 - How Could I Forget?

*NINI POV*

I was so pumped because tonight Matt and I had our first date. Or I guess not technically first because we apparently did date in the past, but I don't really remember that. Anyways, I changed into a light purple summer dress and put on some makeup. Matt was going to show up in about an hour, so I just waited around for a while. I am so excited.

I opened up Instagram on my phone and came across a post on my feed. It had a picture of a couple, with the caption saying.

 It had a picture of a couple, with the caption saying

"Slowly retracing our steps.

6 months ago, my boyfriend got in an accident and he lost some parts of his memory. I'm so so grateful that he's still alive and well. Today he remembered our anniversary date, and I bawled my eyes out.

That, my friends, is called progress. Root for us! :)"

I smiled. Ahh, that's adorable. As cliché as it sounds, their love was so strong that he came to remember their anniversary. I liked the post.

I checked my profile, and I saw some pictures of Matt and me... from before my injury. I hadn't seen these before. I clicked on one of them, and it was us at 6 flags. It looked like a date. The caption was, "i freaking love this dude <33". I don't know how to respond. It's so weird, seeing something that I've totally forgotten, but seeing actual proof that it happened. I feel horrible for not remembering, but I know that it's possible. It's possible because other people have done it. If I just work hard enough, I'm sure I'll remember. After all, I still haven't changed my background from the picture of Matt. I like looking at it.

Maybe we can take a picture like that again someday.

*MATT POV*

"Charlotte, which tie do you like better? The brown one looks chic, but this blue one looks sophisticated." I asked my little sister over FaceTime. I missed her big time. I hadn't seen her since Thanksgiving because we couldn't visit for Christmas.

Charlotte put her hands on her hips. "Uhh, the brown one looks like poop, and I don't like poop-colored things. As one does. And 'sophisticated' sounds like a cool word. Do the blue one."

I huffed out a laugh. "Blue it is, then."

"Matt?" Charlotte asked.

"What's up?" I asked, fixing the tie.

"When are you and Nini coming back home?"

I smiled sadly, "I don't know kiddo, hopefully soon."

She sighed, "Actually, just send Nini. It's fine if you can't come."

I laughed, "Thanks a lot, Char. I gotta go."

"Okay, byeeee." She said.

"Bye," I said, hanging up the call.

I checked the time. 5:45 pm. I should probably get going now.

I grabbed my car keys and dashed out the door. Once I got in the car, I checked myself out with the side mirror.