Execution

Touga lied on her bed in a prison cell, separate from everyone else. Her quirk required her to be solitary. If she came into contact with any enemies she could easily frame them by drinking their blood to extend their sentence.

It was at times like these that Touga cursed her quirk. She desperately wanted to be near the people she admired. Her chest felt like it had a hole with the desire she felt. She only had one thing keeping her mentally stable. And it was taking its time.

'Come on!' Touga yelled.

She had been waiting as patiently as she could, but the call was an hour late. Suddenly she heard a crackling and she smiled in excitement.

Touga?

It was Twice's voice. Touga could hear it despite having no idea where Twice was. An individual in the prison complex had a quirk that could telekinetically link up peoples' minds. As far as Touga knew, no one even knew who they were. They simply communicated with their clients using telekinesis and kept out of sight.

Twice? Where are you? Touga clenched her teeth anxiously, now sitting up.

Oh, I'm just sitting in my cell. (It's better this way.)

What? Touga's brow creased as she felt confused. Communicating by thoughts had the disadvantage of being less clear. Any and every thought would be picked up, distorted, and sent to the other person. What is better? What are you talking about?

(Shit.) Uh, I... (Damn it, what excuse can I...)

You're lying to me! Touga's anxiety continued increasing.

No I'm not. (I'm sorry.)

Where are you really? (I'm worried about you.)

I'll see you in the courtyard tomorrow. Cut the line, Takanaka. (I'm sorry.)

'What are you sorry about!?' Touga yelled it out loud, jumping to her feet.

Twice struggled for an excuse, but he couldn't help think it. It's my time.

'No!' Touga shouted. 'No, no, no!'

It's ok. We both knew it was coming. (I wish I could have spent more time with you.)

Tears formed in Touga's eyes. 'Don't say that!' I'll get you out of there!

Touga didn't hear a response. She was worried that the line was cut before she finally heard a response.

I've left a gift for you. Check in the courtyard where we usually sit. I think you'll like it.

'A gift?' Touga croaked.

It's freedom.

She heard another crackle, and realizing the line had just been cut, she fell to the floor on her knees. Tears began rolling down her cheeks.

A latch on the door opened and a guard looked inside. 'Is there a problem, inmate?'

'No.' Touga sniffed. She wiped her eyes with her arm.

The latch closed again.

'How could you?' Touga sobbed, holding her head in her hands. 'How could you not tell me it was so soon?'