compliments

A/N: And another one!! Let me know what you think xx

#56 I'm sorry what? I keep getting lost in your eyes.

The club music is way too loud and the smell of smoke and alcohol lingers in the air. But you're too drunk to realise and too happy to be annoyed. It's been a while since you and your best friends had been out like this. Not just because of Covid. Mostly because these past years you've not really felt like yourself. You didn't feel comfortable in your body and well, you didn't feel pretty. Which was bad enough but it kept you from doing all the things you love so much. For example, dancing the night away in a club with your favourite people.

Especially this club. It was your birthday a couple weeks ago and your friends insisted on doing something special. Which is why you ended up in a club in Chelsea and it was safe to say this was one of the prettiest clubs you'd ever been to.

Right now you're taking a little break from dancing and sit on the long bench on the side with your two friends next to you.

"Y/n", one of them suddenly whispers. She's all giggly and you assume it's because she's drunk. "The guy next to you keeps looking at you."

What was that? No way. She's clearly delusional.

"Oh my god, do you have any idea who that is?", your other friend suddenly says.
"Shut up already", you say because you're scared he might here you. But they don't listen.

"No, I don't. Do you? Who is that?"

"That's bloody Kai Havertz."

Now you're the one with the big eyes. There's no way Kai Havertz is sitting next to you, is there?

"The one from Chelsea? The guy y/n keeps gushing about?"

"Yes!"

"Shut up already!", you try again but they won't listen.
"You know what, I think it's time for me to pee. Y/f/n, you joining me?"

She eagerly nods and within seconds both of them are gone. It takes you a good minute to comprehend what just happened.

"So, I hear you're gushing over me?"

No fucking way.

When you turn to where the voice is coming from you have to try your hardest not to completely lose it. You would have thought the alcohol would make that difficult but right now it only gives you confidence. Which is exactly what you need because it's actually Kai Havertz next to you. "Sorry about that, my friends are a little crazy."

"So you're not gushing over me?"

He's close. You can smell his aftershave and his gaze is captivating. "Do you want me to be?"

"Would make it less awkward that I kept looking for you in the crowd since I first saw you walk into the club."

"Well in that case.."

You can't believe you're actually having this conversation. What are the freaking odds huh?

"So, what's your name?"

"Y/n."

"Nice to meet you y/n." Kai smiles brightly at you and you can't help but realize how cute his adorable German accent is. This has gotta be it you think to yourself. This has to be the end of the conversation. Up close he must realise you're not worth starring at all night. But he doesn't stop talking to you. And you don't stop talking either because to your surprise, you quickly forget it's Kai Havertz sitting next to you. Soon enough he's just a good looking guy, showing interest in you which is making your heart skip a couple beats every now and then.