chapter 1

bea

"hey you little rascal!" i shouted after jacob's leash slipped out of my hand.

i stood up and ran as fast as i can to get him.

damn that trouble maker but adorable dog

i continued running but he was so fast that he was completely out of my sight already.

i stopped to catch my breath and put my hands on my knees. why did i even think of walking him out when i knew this was going to happen. ah stupid

big drops of sweat were already dripping down my face and i had a little trouble breathing. i really need some water right now.

after i calmed myself a little bit i suddenly heard a woman laughing. hindi naman sa chismosa ako but i was curious so i followed the voice.

i walked behind a big tree and tried to look a peak. it surprised me when i found jacob with a woman, a really bright woman. she also has a dog beside her.

huh, is it weird that they look alike.

i chuckled inside me with the thought on my head. not too long of observing, i finally approached them.

"uh, hi" i grabbed jacob's leash as soon as i went near the bright woman.

"oh aso mo ba to? im sorry, he appeared out of nowhere and medyo na entertain lang kami ng dog ko" she stood up and smiled.

jacob walked towards me and stood up, using my legs as his support. i petted him because i knew he was asking for it.

i turned my gaze to her

"ah no, its fine thank you for being nice to him. its nice seeing him this friendly" i said and gestured her that it was fine.

i looked at her carefully, she's smiling at me. wow she's pretty. and i mean like. really pretty.

tho she is still really colorful.

what i mean about colorful and bright is how she looks right now. she was wearing a plain yellow white t-shirt paired with denim shorts and a... rainbow pair of shoes.

hindi ko mapigilan but to laugh lightly because of what's going inside my head. i noticed on how she furrowed her eyebrows so i tried to stop myself.

she must think im crazy

"ano pala name ng dog mo?"

"jacob"

"wow you a fan of twiglight?"

i let out a chuckle and scratched the back of my neck. all of a sudden i was feeling shy.

"yeah ako din, my child here also is named after one of the characters there" she leveled herself to her dog and scrubbed her. boy aren't they cute.

"haha let me guess, bella?" i took a glance of her and also the dogs who were busy playing with each other.

"so obvious naman eh, she's like the main character" she chuckled and she wasn't wrong. her dog also kind of looked like the same color of bella in the movie.

after awhile of chitchatting i decided to invite her to drink coffee with me. i would love to get to know her more.

"great! i know the best coffee shop around here" i said and started walking.

"what's your name pala? we talked for almost an hour tapos hindi ko pa pala alam name mo."

"beatriz, ysabel beatriz de leon. you can call me bea naman for short, how about you?" i checked my dog who was just walking beside me.