Chapter 5 Making Friends

Sans's door spawned, brightening the room with the colors red, orange, and yellow when it opened. Sans stepped out of the door first, followed by Toriel, holding his hand tightly, followed by the other five; Undyne, Alphys, Papyrus, Asgore, and Frisk. Asriel quickly changed into Flowey, hiding behind me like a scared puppy under the pillow.

Sans scratched his head with guilt, replying, "They uh...all wanted to come along to see the new human that had fallen down in the Underground."

The numbness on my shoulder started to fade, feeling the pain as I queried, "Do....they know that I...."

I was about to finish the sentence until Sans interrupted me. "No, they don't. You are just some kid that had fallen down here." He winked while I understood his warning not to say anything about me being a Player.

Toriel gasps out, holding her hands over her mouth in shock at how hurt I was. "Sans, how COULD you do this to this poor child!" She rushed over to me, kneeling on the floor beside the bed, starting the healing process right away. Sans must have briefly explained the situation to the group before arriving. The others stood by the room's doorway in awe that another human had fallen into the Underground.

Sans scratched his head again, "Yeah....I feel guilty for doing it. Sorry about that, kid."

I comfort him, "All's forgiven, Sans. It was just bad timing, is all."

Toriel glared at Sans, "You are fortunate you got me here in time; this is a serious burn!" She viewed back over at me with a soft smile as she continued to heal my shoulder. "I am shocked that the Inn is not healing you, my child."

The topic forcibly changed as everyone wanted to ask me questions. They all spoke one at a time as I tried to be respectful and answer them.

"Are you a friend of Frisk's?!" Undyne shouted out.

"You could say that I am, yes."

"DO YOU LIKE PUZZLES?!" Papyrus's eyes sparkled.

"Sure, I consider myself a puzzle person."

"Would you like some tea?" Asgore asked politely.

"Not right now, thanks, though."

"Umm...do you....like a-anime?" Alphys showed off a few anime characters on her phone.

"Depending on the anime, yes!"

The only one that stayed back was Frisk—seeing Toriel threaten the four with fire magic to back off and give me some space. "Will you please! You may ask questions once I finish healing them!"

Sans chuckled and made a pun amidst the chaos, "Things are really heating up in here."

Everyone, including me, paused to look at Sans, giving him a sigh. Toriel spat out, "Now is NOT the time for jokes, Sans."

Coming from Toriel, that was a shocker. She loves jokes. She must be upset with Sans for hurting me. "Thanks for healing me." I refrain from saying Toriel's name out loud. "I didn't catch all of your names," I hint out, waiting for them to introduce themselves to me.

"My name is Toriel, friend and guardian of the Ruins and the queen of the Underground." Her tone of voice was sweet and motherly.

"I am Asgore, The king of all monsters, helping my people be free from the Underground." His voice was deep but kind.

"I am Undyne, protecting the monsters in the Underground, head of the royal guard, even though we disbanded all that. We're free now and will make peace with you humans, NGAHH!" Undyne tone was powerful and felt a bit demanding.