1. THE REWARD FOR GREED

There was a very poor widow who lived in the outskirts of the city, her name was Nneka. Nneka was driven away from her late Husband's house by her co-wife called Amarachi. Nneka was the second wife of Mr Nnamdi while Amarachi was his first wife.
         Nneka was a very hardworking woman who struggled to put her two kids in school and she was a very nice person.
          One day, Nneka was going to the market in the city when she met an old man struggling to carry his load. "Good afternoon, sir. " Nneka said.
"Good afternoon, my child" he replied.
"Sir, where are you heading to?" she asked
"I am going home" he answered.
Nneka then carried the man's load from him and followed him to his house.
         After a while, they got to the old man's house, Nneka dropped the load at the old man's house and prepared to leave.
"Thank you, my daughter" he said.
Nneka smiled and nodded.
Then the old man pointed to a direction and said "go into my garden, I have a gift for you in there, pluck one green apple and eat in on your way home. Then Plant the seed at any place around your house."
"Thank you, sir" came Nneka's response.
She went into the garden to pluck the green apple as instructed by the old man.
       While going home, Nneka ate fruit and and when she got home, she planted the seed near our house. The next morning, nickasaur that her mud house had become a very large mansion with gold everywhere and workers working in the house. When Nneka noticed all these, She ran to the house where she drop to the old man's load and thanked him.
        News spread from Far And near that Nneka had become rich. when Amarachi, Nneka's Co-wife heard the news, she ran to Nneka's house.
"I'm sorry about the way I treated you since we lost her husband" Amarachi said
"it is ok, I have already forgiven you a long time ago". " Nneka said
After having a long talk, Nneka told Amarachi about the source of her wealth.
"where does the old man live? Amarachi asked.
"he lives close to the market in the city " she replied.
     After their conversation, the two women bade themselves goodbye. Amarachi stopped by the house near the market to see if she would find the old man and luckily, she saw an old man at the entrance of a compound.
" good evening sir, Amarachi greeted.
" good evening, my daughter" the old man said.
"let me help you carry your load into the house" Amarachi continued. Amarachi carried the man's load into his house and after she was done the old man thanked her and told her to go into the garden to pluck one green apple just as he had instructed Nneka. Amarachi went into to the garden and instead of plucking one green apple, she plucked three red apples and ate all of it immediately in the garden.
          When Amarachi got home instead of planting the seeds in a particular spot in our house she put some inside the house and planted some outside the house
         When it was morning, Amarachi woke up and found herself in the middle of nowhere, her house was nowhere to be found. Her belongings and children were nowhere to be found either. Seeing that, she ran to meet the old man.
        When she got there, there was no house there (the house had disappeared) and the old man wasn't there either. that was how Amarachi became poor as a result of greed and she lost everything including her children.